Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RSS Frunk release loose from ignition! Help?

The cable for the frunk latch came loose from the ignition. Is there an easy way to access and put it back?
    2014 RSS

Thanks,

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A View Post
    The cable for the frunk latch came loose from the ignition. Is there an easy way to access and put it back?
    2014 RSS

Thanks,
    You need a thin ( 1/4 to 3/8 dowel or metal rod approx. 18 inches ) ... then remove the large RIGHT side panel ( not the upper one ).... the latch is in the middle between the lights ..... pry up the right side of the frunk lid as far as it will bend and put something in the space to hold it up ..... un-fortunately there is cover over the Latch .... you need to pry it up so you slide the rod / dowel in and push on the latch LEVER to re-lease it .... having a good LED flashlite with a narrow beam will make this easier ..... After you get it open, think about adding a re-lease cable to the lever so this doean't happen again .... I have one on mine and ALWAYS use it to open the frunk, IMHO the key should not be used to open the frunk ..... good luck ..... If you go to " cheapcycleparts.com " you can find pics of this area so you know what to expect ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    I have no problem opening the frunk. I'm trying to reattach the cable to the ignition switch.

Spyder Garage

Default Frunk release

I have been thinking about adding the optional release. How did you hide yours so you maintain a level of security for the frunk contents?

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

I have attached wires to both frunk and seat latches. I attached a small black pull on the end so they are not seen. Here's a photo of the frunk latch and wire...

SAFETY CABLE.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input.