Spyder Garage

Default Repair bikes have to sit outside ????

July 22, 2021

I want to know if some of you have had ur Spyder in for repair and it would have to sit outside in the weather until it is done ? Do most facilities not have room to store the repair bikes indoors ? I am not happy with that way of keeping bikes.

Motogordo

July 25, 2021
    I went around the back of the dealership and noticed that the cycles were under a very large tent. So they were out in the weather, but not in the direct sunlight and rain.
    Last edited by Motogordo; 07-25-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

not ideal, but not that uncommon. Not only a BRP dealership issue either. Seen the same a many Harley dealerships, but they also don't have as long a wait time as Spyders do.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Another common complaint. Is your dealer dinging you again? Hope not.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

All of the shops around here, including the dealers, take all the bikes in at night or, at least, under cover.

Spyder Garage

Some friends had their RT at the local dealer in Chesapeake, bike was there for a while waiting on service. I think the antenna was missing on the bike and when they got it back, the rear compartment was full of water. Another reason I do all my own work. I suppose you could put a cover on the bike, but they may not treat it the same way you do.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

In 56 years, I have never had a Bike sit INSIDE until they are ready to work on it and some facilities were actually MASSIVE!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    not ideal, but not that uncommon. Not only a BRP dealership issue either. Seen the same a many Harley dealerships, but they also don't have as long a wait time as Spyders do.
    I agree. Sad but true. My dealer tells the customer whether or not he will be able to park the vehicle inside, or if it will wait outside, before you bring it in. If you want inside parking, you may have to reschedule. I think it is a fair way to deal with the issue. They just don't have the room to keep everything inside. They bias the inside room to well maintained street vehicles and the 4x4's, side-by-sides, water sports, etc., tend to go outside.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    All of the shops around here, including the dealers, take all the bikes in at night or, at least, under cover.
    At least, that is what I am told. I do know that the Harley dealer here in town, which typically has 50 - 100 on display, do take them in at night and bring them back out in the morning. Full lot during the day, empty at night.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    Some friends had their RT at the local dealer in Chesapeake, bike was there for a while waiting on service. I think the antenna was missing on the bike and when they got it back, the rear compartment was full of water. Another reason I do all my own work. I suppose you could put a cover on the bike, but they may not treat it the same way you do.
    ... A bit of clarification ..... the Antennae is attached to the right side speaker POD ..... And that is Not water-tight, it's supposed to DRAIN. .... water gets into that area every time you are in the rain, the grills have lots of holes. .... If it was water-tight the Pod would fill with water and I'm sure the speakers wouldn't like that .....

Spyder Garage

I picked up my bike from the dealer and it was covered with grass clippings! I asked when he was going to clean it and he looked at me like I insulted his wife. Oh, he didn't clean it.

Spyder Garage

I don’t know about my Can-Am dealer, but I do know that my Harley dealer takes them over into the winter storage building until they have the parts or time to work on them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    July 22, 2021

I want to know if some of you have had ur Spyder in for repair and it would have to sit outside in the weather until it is done ? Do most facilities not have room to store the repair bikes indoors ? I am not happy with that way of keeping bikes.

Motogordo
    Seeing it here in writing - it would get me a little peeved if my RTL sat out in the weather for the 30 days it sat at the dealership for a dodgy ball joint in its first 3 months. My current dealership puts them all away in the workshop and showroom ( I stay at the motel next door when I get a service and have watched them pack-up at COB and unpack at open). Something to look at perhaps when you are choosing one.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Haven't had the Spyder to a dealer yet, but when (if) I do, the one I plan to use has a fenced, covered, locked addition on the side of their building for that. My nearby Honda dealer has the same out back of their service area. The Can-am dealer I DON'T plan to use has a huge fenced yard behind their building full of watercraft, off-road, on-road, wrecks, weeds etc.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2021 at 07:48 AM. Reason: adition...
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Only time mine has been back to the stealer was for first oil change. After almost of a week of it not getting done I went and got it and did it myself. While there it was outside but they did put my travel cover on it.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

The dealer I use lets them sit outside till worked on. It rains there alot. Picked mine up an its covered in dirty water spots from dust an rain. Nope they didnt clean my spyder back up. I cleaned it out in the parking lot before heading back out on the hwy to home.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After my accident on June 8 I went to the dealership to pick up some stuff out of my F3 after being towed to the dealership. Found my F3 thrown over into the back corner of the lot. No cover and underneath trees getting sapped dripped on it. I asked them if they were going to at least cover it. The answer was a flat out NO.

So daddy had to go home and pick up a blanket to tuck my baby in. Glad I did. She has not been moved from that spot since June 8.... waiting on parts from BRP.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black