Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Potentially useful resource for travelers BUT ...

My marker is in a field 2 miles from my house ... what good is that?

Should I put my address and contact info in the comments?

Let's fine tune this thing!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Bearing in mind that this Forum isn't completely private & reserved only for approved members, it's NOT generally considered to be such a great idea to broadcast to the whole World exactly where you are located! Most here are happy with the marker being somewhere near the nearest major road &/or landmark, intersection, shopping centre etc.

So I'd STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT put your full residential address in the comments; but it's your call on adding your contact details - only before you do, while it might be nice to make it easier for other members to contact you, they do have access to PM's & emails if you've enabled them; but maybe you should ask yourself do you really want to be inundated with nuisance calls from by any spammer, scammer, or other lowlife who's worked out how to read SpyderLover's threads??

At it's simplest, this map allows members to get a general idea of who is in their area &/or an area they may be planning on visiting in order to help arrange contacts via the Forum. The additional info is helpful, IF a member is in a position to offer any help, tools, trailers, etc; but it is not mandated or necessary, it's more their General Location that's important!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Bearing in mind that this Forum isn't completely private & reserved only for approved members, it's NOT generally considered to be such a great idea to broadcast to the whole World exactly where you are located! Most here are happy with the marker being somewhere near the nearest major road &/or landmark, intersection, shopping centre etc.

So I'd STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT put your full residential address in the comments; but it's your call on adding your contact details - only before you do, while it might be nice to make it easier for other members to contact you, they do have access to PM's & emails if you've enabled them; but maybe you should ask yourself do you really want to be inundated with nuisance calls from by any spammer, scammer, or other lowlife who's worked out how to read SpyderLover's threads??

At it's simplest, this map allows members to get a general idea of who is in their area &/or an area they may be planning on visiting in order to help arrange contacts via the Forum. The additional info is helpful, IF a member is in a position to offer any help, tools, trailers, etc; but it is not mandated or necessary, it's more their General Location that's important!
    Once I realized that it's a Google Maps function, I knew right away not to divulge private information.

Is the purpose and functionality of this Google-based forum feature explained anywhere? I couldn't find it.
    2014 RTL Platinum