Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I had a wing before the rt and am now in the process of selling the rt to return to a wing. The back and forth motion on the spyder is to much for my bad neck.
    Did you ever have it laser aligned? There are three primary reasons in my experience why you have back and forth motion. First is grip. You have to hold on loosely, otherwise you end up fighting the steering controls. If the front tires are toed out that will cause back and forth motion. Third is road surface. That you can't do much about but let the bike find its best tracking. Again holding on loose is the key. On smooth road with no ruts I have no side to side motion, and very little in cross winds. In fact, I have found the Spyder to be more stable in cross winds than the Goldwing I had.

I like the flat six engine and IMHO the trailer hitch on the spyder is a very poor design. I have never seen a road going vehicle with the trailer hitch bolted to the rear axle. On my last trip the trailer took such a beating it broke one of the tounge mounts and broke most of the bottles in the cooler. A proper hitch should be mounted to the frame so the suspension can isolate the road from the trailer. Mounting the seat to the rear wheel wouldn't be very comfy.
    Practicality of installation and cost is the driver for the hitch design. One can be mounted to the frame but in order to install it the entire rear cargo module would have to come off. For a dealer to install one the cost for a hitch could easily hit $600 or more, way more than most owners would be willing to spend. But you are correct, the hitch does cause a trailer tongue to ride hard.

I like most things on the spyder but a few itams has me looking for another wing.
    Sorry to see you give up on the Spyder, but as they say, "Different strokes for different folks." Just keep in mind that you are giving up the only three wheeler built from the ground up as a three wheeler with unmatched safety features.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 08-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread was five years old... With all of the Changes to the Spyders: almost none of the old information is valid anymore.
    Who keeps playing "Archeologist"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This thread was five years old... With all of the Changes to the Spyders: almost none of the old information is valid anymore.
    Ah yes, but the post I replied to was only one day old!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know...

Sometimes, an old thread can still provide useful information, or at least some perspective.
    But everything changed in 2014...

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they find Moses' DVD collection yet?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nope

Did they find Moses' DVD collection yet?
    But they did find his collection of Beta Max tapes!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.