Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of adding Fender Lighting - input fm those who have?

I’m debating whether to add lights to the front fenders and could use some input from those who have made the leap. I do feel that the more lights the better to be seen by the cages, but just don’t know….

Looking at the TricLED Sequential Vs. Show Chrome (non sequential as they don’t have sequential) vs. ?? Any other suggestions.

Please share your pro’s/con’s. Thanks!!

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    Ultimate Backrest, Bottle Holder, Baja Ron Sway bar, Cat Delete Pipe, Freedom Windshield, Highway brackets/Black Demond pegs, Upgraded Tension Roller, FOBO Tire Pressure Monitor
    TricLED:
    Sequential LED Spyder Fender Lights, Run/Brake/Turn Strobe Light Kit, Brake flasher
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:
    Ciro phone holder/mount, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn/Wiring Kit, Short Reach Handlebar

Spyder Garage

Hiya neighbor FYI Not from F3 but Yes they help, not just being seen but seeing if your blinker is still on

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I am investigating the same thing. Looks like the Tricled system is plug and play, but not the ShowChrome, thus a bit more complex install. I hope others who have installed will provide feedback.

Rick

Spyder Garage

I went ahead and ordered the TricLED. I’ll let you know installation goes and how they look.
    Also ordered a luggage rack, cyclops light and a ton of other items.

What I really need input on is, I would like to have the top box, turn signals and tail light strobe when hitting the breaks. I’m having a difficult time receiving specific/detailed information from Spyderpops… on this item. TricLED specifically told me their product will not strobe the top box.

On the Harley, it’s a simple module to take care of this. However, it appears it’s a bit more work for the F3 and without additional info., I ‘think’ you have a choice of top box OR taillight/turn signals, not an all in one.

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    Ultimate Backrest, Bottle Holder, Baja Ron Sway bar, Cat Delete Pipe, Freedom Windshield, Highway brackets/Black Demond pegs, Upgraded Tension Roller, FOBO Tire Pressure Monitor
    TricLED:
    Sequential LED Spyder Fender Lights, Run/Brake/Turn Strobe Light Kit, Brake flasher
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:
    Ciro phone holder/mount, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn/Wiring Kit, Short Reach Handlebar

Spyder Garage

A little more work than plug-n' play, but well worth it when finished. TricLED is a great vendor to work with.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

They are great having the signal lighting in the fenders give a lot more visibility. On the down side If you plan on installing them yourself, they are more difficult to install and time consuming. allow at least a couple of days for a first timer. You have to run the wiring from the fender to the signal lighting on the spyder.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has a plug and play for the top box, I put it on my wife's F3L. It flashes the top box light when you brake. Takes about 10 minutes to install.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I just installed TricLED sequential fender LED's on my wife's 2021 RTL and am in process of installing same on my 2020 F3-S Special. Taking fenders off and then putting back on is a bit of a chore, but not terribly bad. A second set of hands is huge help. I do have an issue with one amber LED for mine but it looks like Cindy at TricLED is all over it trying to make it right, on a Saturday no less! Once the work is done I really like the additional lighting it adds. The wife really loves the "cool factor" of the sequential signals. All connections are truly plug and play, which is huge. I can do mechanical work, but am leery and not real handy with electrical.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...9-up?vehicle=1 Installation video. Of course Brandon makes it look so simple. But it's really not bad

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Years ago I DIY'ed a pair of very thin ( 4mm ) amber LED strips to the outside edges on my front fenders ( RT basic ). Because they were thin I was able to follow the ARC of the fender perfectly. I tapped into the Fender TIP lights so it was pretty easy to do ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

TricLED are very bright. Very noticable to anyone. Had to E- tape ( soon to be painted) the top edge to drive at night. Did I say VERY BRIGHT!!!!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, for your input. My lights should arrive in the next few days along with my road pegs and brake/run/running strobe light. The last thing (I think) I need to order is a horn.

Between yesterday and today, I installed a windshield, drilled holes for and installed the luggage rack, anti-sway bar, phone holder, water bottle holder and driver backrest. Hubby had to help with the cat delete pipe as I couldn’t pull the springs. He also worked the lift and provided moral support.

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    TricLED:
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:

Spyder Garage

Installed the sequential fender lights and LOVE them! As someone else mentioned, the hardest part was actually removing the fender(s). Although I was a little anxious drilling holes for the wired to run thru, (same thing when installing the luggage rack) I got over it pretty quickly.

As for the rear run/turn/brake strobe, the Spyderpops will not work for me and had to return them. Ordered from TricLED which will, apparently, do what I want. Received and they forgot to include the strobe module, so holding up on the install. In the meantime, I’m trying to figure out the wiring. The instructions aren’t the greatest and all videos I’m managed to find have a plug and play harness and the one I received is definitely not a simple plug and play. Have a call into Tric, who is supposed to call me tonight.

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    TricLED:
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2katz View Post
    As for the rear run/turn/brake strobe, the Spyderpops will not work for me and had to return them. Ordered from TricLED which will, apparently, do what I want.
    If you don't mind my asking, what was didn't the Spyderpops module do that the TriLED will?

I am looking for a stroke kit for my '21 RT-L but only want to strobe the light in the top box

--Exco

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, for your input. My lights should arrive in the next few days along with my road pegs and brake/run/running strobe light. The last thing (I think) I need to order is a horn.

Between yesterday and today, I installed a windshield, drilled holes for and installed the luggage rack, anti-sway bar, phone holder, water bottle holder and driver backrest. Hubby had to help with the cat delete pipe as I couldn’t pull the springs. He also worked the lift and provided moral support.
    I have a 2014 RTS-SE6 and I have the Tricled front fender( amber), and side saddle bag marker lights( red). My spyder is lite up like a Christmas tree at night. These are running/brake lights.

I haven't had any problems with the lights.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

TricLED are very bright. Very noticable to anyone. Had to E- tape ( soon to be painted) the top edge to drive at night. Did I say VERY BRIGHT!!!!
    I did exactly the same thing. Some careful application of black tape to prove the concept, then some even MORE careful masking of the fender so I could apply some black epoxy paint. I was surprised how many coats of paint it took to black them out completely.

For anyone planning on installing them (and I do highly recommend them), paint the top edge BEFORE you install them.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I have the Spyderpops lights all around. Fender, trunk, and saddle bags. Very effective, and bright. Spyderpops was awesome to deal with. Always is. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I went ahead and ordered the TricLED. I’ll let you know installation goes and how they look.
    Also ordered a luggage rack, cyclops light and a ton of other items.

What I really need input on is, I would like to have the top box, turn signals and tail light strobe when hitting the breaks. I’m having a difficult time receiving specific/detailed information from Spyderpops… on this item. TricLED specifically told me their product will not strobe the top box.

On the Harley, it’s a simple module to take care of this. However, it appears it’s a bit more work for the F3 and without additional info., I ‘think’ you have a choice of top box OR taillight/turn signals, not an all in one.
    Sorry didn’t read this one till now, anyhow https://www.rivcoproducts.com/search/Soma/
    Is a tap in brake light modulator works for leds not incandescent. Might be able order just the modulator believe the “Triple play” by custom dynamics is unit makes ez on HD. Might have a spyder friendly version

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

That is on my must to list, so when I put her to rest during the bad winter weather I will light her up. That was one of the first things I did to my harley was add more and better lighting, Better to be seen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what was didn't the Spyderpops module do that the TriLED will?

I am looking for a stroke kit for my '21 RT-L but only want to strobe the light in the top box

--Exco
    It’s been awhile, so if I recall, I thought the light strobed the top box AND brake, turn all at once. The top box is a separate module.

I decided it was more important to see the turn and brake to strobe (more lights), than the top box. I could install a module for the top box also, but don’t want the top and bottom light strobes competing.

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    TricLED:
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:

Spyder Garage

So… I’ve had the sequential fender lights, Led headlights, LED fog lights and brake, turn, strobe installed for a few months now. I am definitely seen while out on the road!

When hubby is riding in front or in back, he says no one will have any issue seeing me one bit from any angle. He’s almost a little bit jealous as I am brighter than the Harley!

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    TricLED:
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:

Spyder Garage

Your choice— I bought my Tricled fender lights from Value Accessories at Spyder Quest in Queensberry, NY this summer, got this tip and it was without a doubt the best! Jack your Spyder up as high as you can, put your jack stands under it, pull the wheels, LEAVE THE FENDERS ALONE read your instructions and go to it. I gathered all the tools, sat on a short stool and went to work 1hr on the 1st one and 30 min on the second.
    Those fenders can be a pain, don’t touch them.

Spyder Garage

I bolted a pair of spot lights to the front fender insides so that they pointed in the direction the wheels are pointing. Double bonus with better lighting on corners and a wider spread of light straight ahead. Wired into a low beam loom wire.
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Spyder Garage

I installed the TricLED Sequential FenderZ lights just a few days ago on my 2021 RTL. Taking off the fenders really isn't that big of a deal. Just take your time and put a towel on the ground to lay the fender on once you've removed the 4 bolts holding it on. I rotated the fender toward the front of the bike with the wheel slightly pointed toward the direction of the side I was removing. It came off pretty easily and I just rotated the whole fender onto it's back between the bike and the front tire (on the towel). The rest was pretty straight forward. I drilled the holes before I rotated the fender onto the ground. Again, take your time and don't drill too deep! The only issue I ran into was once I got everything installed, during testing I noticed I had no illumination from the left side amber light. During my troubleshooting, I managed to pull the connector off the left side amber light. Nothing I tried helped return luminescence to the left-side amber light. I emailed TricLED on Friday night... Saturday morning I had a reply asking me for a picture showing the issue I had. I replied with pictures of my installation and the wires without a connector. Sunday morning I had a tracking number for the replacement and Monday USPS told me I'd have a replacement amber light by Wednesday. On Wednesday I received a complete set of amber fender lights from TricLED. 4 quick bolts to remove the left fender and I had the replacement amber light installed in no time. It worked like a charm and I can't say enough about the fantastic support I received from TricLED!!!! I sincerely recommend all my fellow Spyder Lovers to check them out. The lights look and perform amazingly and already I've had a dozen people comment on them. A must buy in my opinion and risk free due to the incredible support from the folks at TricLED!!!

Ride safe!

-Tank=-
    -Biker Tank-
    Places visited on 2 or 3 wheels in the last 10 years...
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic / Chrome

Spyder Garage

This may seem like a silly question but with the TricLED kit, do the red rear fender lights have a right and left side? They are not marked but does it matter which side they are installed on? I was watching a YouTube video from someone who had installed the kit and noticed that when the sequential amber light was flashing towards the front of the bike, the red LED portion was flashing from top to bottom (so in the opposite direction). Someone commented that he had installed the red LEDs on the wrong side and they needed to be swapped. I assume for the lower LED that the hole gets drilled towards the top of the fender (towards the centre) so with that in mind they can only go on one way. Just curious if anyone who has installed this kit is able to clarify.
    Much appreciated
    Kevin
    2020 RT Limited - Chalk Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kroache View Post
    This may seem like a silly question but with the TricLED kit, do the red rear fender lights have a right and left side? They are not marked but does it matter which side they are installed on? I was watching a YouTube video from someone who had installed the kit and noticed that when the sequential amber light was flashing towards the front of the bike, the red LED portion was flashing from top to bottom (so in the opposite direction). Someone commented that he had installed the red LEDs on the wrong side and they needed to be swapped. I assume for the lower LED that the hole gets drilled towards the top of the fender (towards the centre) so with that in mind they can only go on one way. Just curious if anyone who has installed this kit is able to clarify.
    Much appreciated
    Kevin
    Keven, you are correct they only fit one side.
    Also Tricled replaced one for me that I busted
    so they work great, look great and you get great customer service.
    Dennis

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift