Spyder Garage

Default Pulling a Bushtec Trailer

Greetings to all,
    I'm looking for advice from anyone who pulls a Bushtec trailer.
    Questions:
    1. Are you able to use Bushtec's pin (instead of a ball) coupler? If so, how does it handle? Did you have to do anything special to mount the pin?
    2. If you already have Can Am trailer wiring, do you need any of the isolation systems and special wiring harnesses that are mentioned in other posts?
    3. Does Bushtec still use tires with inner tubes in their tires? I can't tell from their website, but it looks like they still do.

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to get this sorted out to avoid future problems.

All the best,
    John
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    Greetings to all,
    Questions:
    1. Are you able to use Bushtec's pin (instead of a ball) coupler? If so, how does it handle? Did you have to do anything special to mount the pin?
    2. If you already have Can Am trailer wiring, do you need any of the isolation systems and special wiring harnesses that are mentioned in other posts?
    3. Does Bushtec still use tires with inner tubes in their tires? I can't tell from their website, but it looks like they still do.

All the best,
    John
    As far as the " bushtec PIN " I have something similar that I made using an auto " tie-rod " end .... I also made my Tow Bracket from a piece of Alumin. angle with a small hole frilled to accept the bolt end of the tie-rod ..... There is NO slack in this set-up so no clang- clang, .... I seriously doubt those tires are TUBE type ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Greetings to all,
    Questions:

All the best,
    John
    If you contact Bushtec direct, they'll answer your questions. They're pretty helpful. Also, Bushtec makes a plug n play wiring harness for the Spyder ($165.00) although, they're out of stock right now. Their supplier can not get the parts to make them.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I pull a trailer with my HD, I strongly suggest putting a hopkins powered converter on the trailer. Some models are waterproof. From the constant 12volt supply, you can add a charging outlet on the trailer, hot when the bike is on, hot always or one of each.

Spyder Garage

Default Plug n Play wiring harness

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    If you contact Bushtec direct, they'll answer your questions. They're pretty helpful. Also, Bushtec makes a plug n play wiring harness for the Spyder ($165.00) although, they're out of stock right now. Their supplier can not get the parts to make them.
    Is that the same wiring harness that Show Chrome sells for about $65? If not, would it do the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood View Post
    I pull a trailer with my HD, I strongly suggest putting a hopkins powered converter on the trailer. Some models are waterproof. From the constant 12volt supply, you can add a charging outlet on the trailer, hot when the bike is on, hot always or one of each.
    I searched for "Hopkins Power Converter," and it looks like a great product, but not what I need. It converts to 4 pin trailer; I need 5 pin trailer. Thanks!
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Is that the same wiring harness that Show Chrome sells for about $65? If not, would it do the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I do not know that.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Bushteh has very unique balllock when my 2021 Rtl bottom out it will hit the License plate.
    It need to be modified.

Spyder Garage

Amazon shows a Hopkins 4 to 5 converter. 4 wire vehicle to 5 wire trailer. For $9.75
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c