Spyder Garage

Default Swaybars - Slingmods vs BajaRon's?

Spyderpops unit vs Baja Rons. Is there a difference other than $50 in price?
    John

SORRY BRAIN FART.......Slingmods vs BajaRon

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops sells Ron’s bar, as does Ron

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Both the same bar. both the same price ( look on the home page here @ Spyderpops & BajaRon webpage) Spyderpops is out of stock today 07/19/2021.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You're right. I just looked at the sway bars for a Spyder F3 on SlingMods, and they are about $50 cheaper and they don't say they are Baja Ron's. Are they giving Baja Ron competition? Who knows if they are as good.

Spyder Garage

Personally, I would buy BajaRon’s and wear the extra $50, even if it is just for the fact that he is a sponsor on here, provides excellent online support, and has a proven product……but that’s me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I purchased the Spyder Extras sway bar kit thru Slingmods in the spring of last year. I can say that I did feel an immediate improvement in front end feel. Tighter steering and just felt more responsive. At the time, I believe the cost difference between the two was approx. $50 Can't comment on the BR kit, but the Spyder Extras was a nice improvement.
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...ings?vehicle=1

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go with the original. Bajaron.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I put the Baja Ron's on my f3 and feel like it's the best dollar per result after market add on that I have ever done in my life. I love it.

Spyder Garage

Bajaron probably has more experience in designing sway bars than BRP. Witness the metal vs plastic Heim links.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I am going to get a swaybar for my F3, and it will be BajaRon.

Spyder Garage

I have installed 3 BajaRon and 1 Spyder Extra sway bars over the years. Not sure about yours, but my Spyder Extra bar was silver and had a bumpy finish. Baja Ron bars were all smooth black powder coat and looks a lot better (maybe the extra $50?). Back then the Spyder extra was a real PAIN to install!! The links had separate spacers, meaning you had thread the bolt through the first hole, then a spacer, then the link, then the second spacer and finally through the last hole - all in the tiny space you have to work with. I ended super gluing the spacers on to keep it together. I spend a lot more than $50 saved cussing and trying to install that bar.

Spyder Garage

I have installed both and had no problems installing the spyder extras. I could not feel any difference as far as performance. Both are much better than stock.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

What about the link style? There are heim (turnbuckle style) and solids (aluminum or other). I've heard arguments on both sides (heim is what "everybody" uses) or solid (as long as the bearings are good quality, they work every bit as good). I've not gotten any data on either. It would seem to me that the heim joint allows a little more movement than the solid, but then again, movement may be exactly what you DON'T want in the swaybar when you're looking for tight performance in twisties or not so perfect road. I'm about to drop coin on this purchase so I'd like to know if there is real data out there (RON?) as to those link styles and how they contribute to the performance of the kit overall. I'd also like to know a bit about the material of the bar itself, having heard that higher carbon steels make for a better, more controllable system. Not sure what sort of range of steels that would include (would 304 stainless be a candidate, or a 65 series high carbon, or even a mild tool steel?)...
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red