Spyder Garage

Default Pedal commander questions on a 2021 RT

Hope someone can help me with a couple of pedal commander questions before I buy one.

1. Is the unit water resistant or do I need that silicon splash cover? I do ride in the rain.

2. Does the cable attached to the controller remove if I want to lock away the unit when I am parked?

3. I see it comes with an app you can use to control the unit. With that said is the cable long enough to mount the control unit in the frunk if I want to just hide it away and use the app?

Thanks in advance to anyone that might have some answers on this.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

I saw a post in the past where the owner mounted it under the seat. That's what I plan to do when I finally get it installed.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

1. Is the unit water resistant or do I need that silicon splash cover? I do ride in the rain.
    - Waterproof

2. Does the cable attached to the controller remove if I want to lock away the unit when I am parked?
    - No the cable is always attached.

3. I see it comes with an app you can use to control the unit. With that said is the cable long enough to mount the control unit in the frunk if I want to just hide it away and use the app?
    - I mounted mine using wire ties under the right speaker grill. Not seen but even if so you have to get under the Tupperware to unhook no matter where you mount the unit. I live it there and use the bluetooth app for control adjustment. If you want let me know and I'll get a pic of it there on the S2S

Spyder Garage

I rode for 3 days of fairly heavy rain on & off with no problems. Mine is mounted (3M tape) to the lower right dashboard. It got thoroughly moisture tested!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's NOT waterPROOF. It's water RESISTANT. If you plan to ride in the rain, I'd suggest you carry a zip lock baggie and a couple of rubber bands and cover it up when reain threatens.

Spyder Garage

I bought the silicone cover, and it only covers the front and sides anyway. Like VMGUY I mounted mine under the console (just to provide a little protection as it is listed as water resistant, not water proof), through the right speaker grill, which pulls out in 2 seconds. I control it via my iPhone, but I never change it now I have settled on Sport -1.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

No rain problem. Use the app. Plugs in just in front of the master cylinder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I mounted it right where it connects (more or less under my seat) and use the app to control it (which I barely do - I just found a setting I liked and don't change it).
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    No rain problem. Use the app. Plugs in just in front of the master cylinder.
    Thanks for the pic. I mounted mine the same way. What a huge difference. I was able to dial this in to my more aggressive riding style. One of the best mods I have added so far.

Spyder Garage

Ok I'm going to ask , lol, I am riding in city mode 3, on highway doing 70...my cruise control is on, BUT I did not engage it for fear of SOME ISSUE?
    Is that situation a problem, or could I use cruise. ? Thsnks..hope I splained that.lol

Spyder Garage

Just use the Cruise!

Ryde More, Worry Less!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
    Ok I'm going to ask , lol, I am riding in city mode 3, on highway doing 70...my cruise control is on, BUT I did not engage it for fear of SOME ISSUE?
    Is that situation a problem, or could I use cruise. ? Thsnks..hope I splained that.lol
    On my 2020RT, no issues with cruise control and the Pedal Commander. Routinely set it at 74-76mph on the interstate and 4 lane highways. Over 3000 miles on the PC now with no issues. Works seamlessly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
    I still use my cruise all the time. I use it at 25mph to whatever my highway speed is. I have to use it so I don't get tickets! It keeps me in check.

Spyder Garage

Nothing is water PROOF, only water RESISTANT because at some point pressure, depth, etc. failure will occur.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I mounted mine with Zip ties, right where it connects. Had it on my 2018 there and worked great for 5 months. Moved up to a 2021 S2S and mounted in the same location. I have ridden in the rain, not much, and it did not get wet. But as mentioned, I don't believe it is waterproof, just resistant. I just use the App on my phone which is easy and painless. I mostly just leave it in the same mode once you get comfortable riding in that mode. Funny, turn it off and you DO notice the difference real quick. WOW, was it doing that much in throttle response...LOL