Spyder Garage

Default Any suggestions on more comfortable Seats?

I come in at 240# an really enjoy riding my 2019 f3t that I bought new 14 mo ago, but feel I would be more comfy with new seat. I only have 29000 mi on this seat but think it's time. Would appreciate some suggestions on a comfortable seat
    2019 F3 t , Black

Spyder Garage

I plan to get my seat rebuilt by Seth Lamm.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Whiz, I tried most of them on my F3-L. The stock seat had me squirming after 30 minutes, the BRP Coast to Coast and Cannonball were not much better, nor was the Mustang or Ultimate (I managed to borrow the last two for a few weeks). I have never tried a Corbin, and probably never will based on hardness reports and the cost if I need to return it from Aus. I have tried Airhawk, Gel inserts etc etc.

The only solution for me, to provide all day comfort, was to go with a custom seat from Russell Daylong. They guarantee their seats to provide this, and will modify it if it doesn’t provide this first up. Seth Laam also does great custom seat, and does them cheaper than Daylong, but I have stuck with Daylong as I know it works for my 6’7” 300lb frame, and has done on my last 3 two wheelers and previous Spyder F3-L. If Daylong tell me they can’t modify my ‘21 RT seat because of the hinge, I will be trying Seth Laam’s capabilities (and without any great angst).

Just some food for thought. We are all different shapes and sizes, with different tolerance levels.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

For decades, when a saddle didn't fit, I'd take me and the bike to an experienced saddle customizer. If you have one in your area, I suggest you ride there, or look into their web site to see what they can do.
    Like many, I found me F3L's stock seats to be very uncomfortable. I bought an Ultimate and found the best ting I liked about it was that it's one piece. But one size does not fit all and I had to have it customized by my go-to guy. I not only had it tailored to my butt, I had him add heat too. A win, win.

Note the hi-lo switches.
    20201020_204829.jpg

The blue foam is new and the yellow the original.
    DSCN2840.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thxs for the replies, each will be taken seriously, best info center in the world, it all comes from the heart...thxs
    Last edited by Whiz11; 07-16-2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
    2019 F3 t , Black

Spyder Garage

Ultimate is awesome!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
    Ultimate is awesome!
    I’m jealous, Bluebelle …… if only Ultimate worked for ME, I would be a very happy camper

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I can ride all day on my Ultimate, guess I'm lucky, Peteoz. I've used lots of others (including some of the Meyers bros)--never tried the Russell Day Long, but those who spend that dough always sing the praises.

Spyder Garage

I have two suggestions.1 buy a gel pad from mototcycledave.com and follow his directions to install it yourself. You won't be out much if it doesn't work for you and if it does you will have saved a bunch of money. 2nd if you really want a custon seat call Hartco International,they are in Florida I think.Talk to Mark. They have been building custom seats for 50 years and are very good at it. They also make fitted sheepskin seat covers which is another way to go. If you go with Mark you will not need to give him your seat pan as he builds a new one for your seat. You can keep riding till your new seat comes.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze