Spyder Garage

Default Getting Audio from Rear Top Case 2020 RT (Base with addition)

Sorry for the long set-up.

2020 RT base with Top Case addition

So I had ordered the Shad top case plus the Linq Rack and was getting geared up to install. Then, the monkey wrench..... I had ordered the Shad case May 28th(ish) when it was discounted due to a sale. About two days later I received an e-mail from (Mike) at Shad telling me the product was back-ordered because of the volume of orders. If I wanted to wait until late June to get it they would honor the sale price, then knock off another 5%. My reply, "sure, I'll wait to save more money". He said, I will update you weekly with updates. Well, that was the last time I heard from Mike. Even with me sending multiple messages to him. Fast forward to July 4th sales on the Shad website and they have that case on sale. I think to myself, self, it's on sale again. Hmmmmmm......why don't you have yours yet? A quick online chat and it is still back-ordered and I might or might not get what was promised with price. Order cancelled. Now I have a Linq Rack sitting in the corner.

New chapter, I went to BRP online and ordered the top case. Didn't want to spend that much money but honestly, these things really need a back case plus it is on sale and hurt a little less price wise. Got it yesterday and put it on, no problem thanks to the help of Papa103 letting me know to lubricate the rubber so the rear panel comes off easy. It all works, but, no sound from the rear speakers. Is there a setting I need to set so they work?

I know it took a long way to get to the point so sorry for that. This site is very knowledgeable and I feel that sometimes a backstory helps noobies like me. I am an overkill information kind of guy. I have to be in my profession.

I appreciate all the help I have received on all my posted and with this one as well.

Cheers,

Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

If I recall correctly, the accessory top case doesn't come with speakers.
    The speakers are only in the top case when you buy it as part of the "Limited" package, ie buying the RT Limited instead of the RT Standard.
    Someone else here will surely correct me if I'm wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The limited spiders have two 20 watt amps, perhaps the RT base has just the amp for the front speakers. First thing I would look at
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the 2021 RT base (see sig pic) and it has speakers on the top case that I purchased for it. Make sure you connect the electrical before you attach the top case. It's just 1 plug. If you did that, make sure you didn't pinch the wires when you installed the top case.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Lifted up the case checked for secure connection and it works. Weird. The brake light worked fine so I figured no problems. All is well. I do really like the top case. It is spacious and looks great.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I added the wrapmyspyder decal on mine. Cost me like $60 but it's the first of its kind and it looks nice. A lot cheaper than either buying panels that match the bike, which would cost me around $360, or painting it, which would probably be more than $360.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I added the wrapmyspyder decal on mine. Cost me like $60 but it's the first of its kind and it looks nice. A lot cheaper than either buying panels that match the bike, which would cost me around $360, or painting it, which would probably be more than $360.
    Which decal do you mean?

Spyder Garage

ohyea: Pic please
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    Which decal do you mean?
    The one on the top case.