Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect Survey

I got a email survey from BRP asking how often I used BRP Connect. It ranged from everytime I ride to never, but the big question they didn't ask, was why I don't use it.
    Do you think we finally might get a fix?

Spyder Garage

I agree with you totally. I noted this weekend BRP had added some additional sites, mainly mapping. So I'm now 6 for 6 for having problems with the site. So why didn't they ask what needs improvement? My guess is the app may go away. I would rather pay for a Garmin app with lifetime maps that used the onboard screen. Until then, my Garmin XT will guide me along and the BRP app ignored.
    Spyder Stephen
    I can't be lost, I don't know where I'm going...

Spyder Garage

The reason BuRP sent the survey out like this is because they really don't want to know the "why not" used answer.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

They just flooded the Spyder owners file. I got one and mine is 4 years pre-BRP Connect; how would I use it?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    The reason BuRP sent the survey out like this is because they really don't want to know the "why not" used answer.
    An intelligent person will not ask a question to which they don't want to know the answer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderStephen View Post
    I agree with you totally. I noted this weekend BRP had added some additional sites, mainly mapping. So I'm now 6 for 6 for having problems with the site. So why didn't they ask what needs improvement? My guess is the app may go away. I would rather pay for a Garmin app with lifetime maps that used the onboard screen. Until then, my Garmin XT will guide me along and the BRP app ignored.
    Garmin did have an app just after the iPhone 3G came out (10+ years ago) They stopped supporting it last year because many are going cheap with Waze or Google Maps. TomTom app is still available but Sygic and Genius work on the phone just the same as Garmin. I have them all and paid way less than one Garmin.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I said I use it every time, I hope if they get too many people say they don't use it they won't put enough effort into fixing it!

Spyder Garage

I don't use BRP connect. I only use it for bluetooth audio from my phone. I use google maps for my directions and calls are linked to my headset. Actually the app interrupts calls by automatically changing from my headset to connect a few times which is very frustrating. I don't understand why it's not a touch screen 7"-8" with car play or android connect functionality? Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

They should get rid of BRP Connect and implement Apple Carplay and Android Auto and be done with it. I rarely use it but I didn't get the survey!
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

The question on mine was how often I used the "music" & "map" app, not the app in general.

I put that I never use them.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Imoores016 View Post
    I got a email survey from BRP asking how often I used BRP Connect. It ranged from everytime I ride to never, but the big question they didn't ask, was why I don't use it.
    Do you think we finally might get a fix?
    I bought my 2021 RT Limited Dark in June. Didn't get the survey.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Got the survey. Have NEVER used BRP connect. I don't even have that kind of phone. A trac phone is what I use. So...no reply from me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    They should get rid of BRP Connect and implement Apple Carplay and Android Auto and be done with it. I rarely use it but I didn't get the survey!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SICARIO View Post
    +1000
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I tried it, removed it. Spare phone with no SIM connected to USB in trunk is paired to use the media player. Garmin 396 (DON'T BUT ONE!) thruogh a Bluetooth adapter to Aux IN handles mapping and navigation. Phone (with SIM) paired to headset to use as a PHONE.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Touch screen would be difficult to work with while wearing gloves as well as trying to touch it while going down the road let alone having a cop see you playing with it.

Apple Car Play/Android Auto requires a larger screen.

We don't need to be playing with it while riding.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah. It was a 1 and done question for me. I expected more lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post

We don't need to be playing with it while riding.
    If you think a cop would not pull you over for looking at your BRP screen while fiddling with your toggle switch, you are fooling no one but yourself, Flamewinger. That is just as distracting as using a phone. If you want to use BRPC, a phone or a GPS…. PULL OVER.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I don't use the App at all. I wish I could have given some useful feedback.

One thing when you turn the volume all the way down the bike it loses bluetooth connection with the phone, makes no sense... I've had to become very careful not to do that. Its not the App ,but its all related.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

I got the survey, said I do not use it. I wish BRP would take a look at what Indian and HD are doing. Their screens now are great. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    If you think a cop would not pull you over for looking at your BRP screen while fiddling with your toggle switch, yoh are fooling no one but yourself, Flamewinger. That is just as distracting as using a phone. If you want to use BRPC, a phone or a GPS…. PULL OVER.
    Do it all the time, change music or stop a route as I'm close to the destination. Sometimes add a gas stop because I need gas. Don't need to do much else.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

All BRP needs to do is look on facebook, spyder lovers or any other social media that might talk about the BRP connect app and they will see how disappointed and frustrated the majority of user's are. Or they could actually try to use it and experience the frustration and user unfriendliness or this app. Come on BRP pull your head out of your a** and come up with a GPS that is competitive with the competition.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Well, I’ll be……… I have been trying to get BRPC working reliably for a month since I got my ‘21 RT. I even bought a brand new iPhone cable from Apple as recommended in the BRP instructions, but it still locked up/dropped out. I just wanted to quickly check something recently and grabbed the nearest iPhone cable (which happened to be a coiled, non apple one), and BRPC started working flawlessly……. beats me

I still don’t believe BRPC is fit for production yet as it is too finicky, but at least it is now working for me…….albeit at odds with the BRP operating guidelines . I will continue to use my Garmin XT as my GPS though, due to its ease of use, screen size, and significantly more user settings and options than Sygic and the other BRPc offerings.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I got the survey email too, but as mentioned I was very disappointed by their disinterest in an honest and complete answer. Rather like BRP's disinterest in a fully functional and widely compatible dash/audio system software.

I clicked "do not use" hoping it would then give me a chance to explain why not. Nope, nothing else, BRP does not seem to care about the "why" at all.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Does not keep me from enjoying the ryde but would like to get some use out of what I paid to buy.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I too got the survey and was surprised by the single question. No follow up. So, i sent a follow up Email and listed issues and things that i believe they needed to know, beyond a single answer. I just couldn't let them off that easily.
    2021 Limited , Lava Red