Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
I just love these tire threads. For some reason, I get great joy reading all the complaints of tire performance of this and that brand, how Kenda’s are crap, etc.. First, I ryde most of the year, all kinds of terrain, weather, road surfaces and do so in my ryding style, which is fast and sometimes furious. The twistier the road, the better to my liking. Second, I’ve ridden about 150K miles, 46 states in the lower 48 (missing RI & CT), on 3 Spyder. I’ve used and worn out a fair number of tires, of 5 different brands. I’ve used Kenda’s the most. Third, I just checked my Service Record for my current F3 Ltd. Total mileage is 54,143. The Kanine on the rear was changed last week at Spyderpops for another Kanine. The one removed had 15,633 miles on it. Spyderpops’ super staff checked out the front brake pads, which are the original pads with plenty of pad remaining) and front tires, which are plain ol’ Kenda’s. Those plain Kend’s have 20,100 miles and are near the first wear bar. I don’t have a reason, but in my opinion, Kenda tires are far from crap and in my experience they have outlasted the other supposed “higher quality” car tires.
+1 from me too.