Spyder Garage

Default FOBO App will discontinue Sept 6 - Switch to FOBO Bike 2 App

I just got a notification that the original FOBO App that I have used with our old FOBOs will be discontinued on September 6th. Do I need to release my old FOBOs before loading the new App or will they automatically be recognized by the new FOBO Bike 2 App?

I doubt I have any of the original registration or serial numbers. Anyone switched to the new App with their 5 year old FOBOs?
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Well, when I switched to it hoping to resolve some pesky issues..... I was promptly greeted with a message that my sensors were ALL undetectable! Emailed support and was told that the old sensors DO NOT WORK with the new app!! So you are stuck with buying new sensors or just using the app and hope you never get into a situation that you can't resolve! FYI, I have resolved ALL of the pesky issues by upgrading the firmware on the sensors. BUT, this cannot be done with the Android version of the app!! WTx! You have to use the Apple version to do so! Luckily I had an iPod Touch that could do it....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    I just got a notification that the original FOBO App that I have used with our old FOBOs will be discontinued on September 6th. Do I need to release my old FOBOs before loading the new App or will they automatically be recognized by the new FOBO Bike 2 App?

I doubt I have any of the original registration or serial numbers. Anyone switched to the new App with their 5 year old FOBOs?
    AeroPilot,
    When I bought my new RT, I released my original FOBO1 sensors from my F3 to use on it. I then installed them on my RT using the FOBO1 app, which went smoothly, and I intended to use FOBO1 ongoing. Just out of interest, I loaded the FOBO2 app onto my phone and opened it, and it immediately found my FOBO1 sensors (and settings) with no prompting. FOBO2 app certainly finds the sensors a lot more quickly than FOBO1. So it looks like you can simply open FOBO2 and it will find your existing sensors…….

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    AeroPilot,
    When I bought my new RT, I released my original FOBO1 sensors from my F3 to use on it. I then installed them on my RT using the FOBO1 app, which went smoothly, and I intended to use FOBO1 ongoing. Just out of interest, I loaded the FOBO2 app onto my phone and opened it, and it immediately found my FOBO1 sensors (and settings) with no prompting. FOBO2 app certainly finds the sensors a lot more quickly than FOBO1. So it looks like you can simply open FOBO2 and it will find your existing sensors…….

Pete
    Looks like things have changed since I tired that! Good news! They must have heard me when I told them, that having to buy new sensors to use an updated app was utter BS!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Looks like things have changed since I tired that! Good news! They must have heard me when I told them, that having to buy new sensors to use an updated app was utter BS!
    I’ve seen about 4 app updates since I started using FOBO2 a month ago, Hypur, so they are constantly working on it. If FOBO2 works with FOBO1 sensors because of your efforts……many thanks…..I owe you a beer. . Unfortunately though, every time I open FOBO2 in BRPConnect it locks and drops the BRPConnect link, so I am not confident that it would warn me of a pressure drop. I have gone back to my Zumo XT as the server, with my phone and headset connected to it, and it all works a treat. I leave the phone in the glovebox, knowing that FOBO will notify me if pressure drops on a trip

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red