Spyder Garage

Default GPS for the F3-T

I have seen many posts and questions about GPSs on here, so I am sorry if this is a repeat question.

I am getting ready to buy F3-T, and I am looking at getting a GPS. I was interested in getting the BRP Spyder mount, will the Garmin XT "pair or mate" with the BRP Connect and will it work with the BRP Spyder mount. I was also looking at the Garmin 595 as well. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I have the Zumo 595 mostly because the BRP connect is worthless. I have it paired to my bike and also my Sena Units and it works flawlessly. Mine is mounted in the center of the handlebars on the handle bar mount. The only think I to not like is it covers the key so I have to tilt it up every time I go to turn the bike on and off.

I also ordered this item for it and it is a huge help with sun washing out the screen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/232592490877
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    Mine is mounted in the center of the handlebars on the handle bar mount. The only think I to not like is it covers the key so I have to tilt it up every time I go to turn the bike on and off.
    ]
    On your F3 Limited, if you have the BRP mount, just turn it around (so that it's facing up, instead of down). I did that on my 2020 RT Limited and it really looks nice. It does not interfere with seeing your dash. My first picture shows my 590 and the second picture shows the connector for my XT.

Note: I was at Deadwood in 2020 and saw Jerry Garcia had turned his around. As soon as I got home I turned mine around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    On your F3 Limited, if you have the BRP mount, just turn it around (so that it's facing up, instead of down). I did that on my 2020 RT Limited and it really looks nice. It does not interfere with seeing your dash. My first picture shows my 590 and the second picture shows the connector for my XT.

Note: I was at Deadwood in 2020 and saw Jerry Garcia had turned his around. As soon as I got home I turned mine around.
    Would you mind sharing where you got the xt mount from?

Spyder Garage

IMO, if one is going to purchase a GPS one should also consider buying a Kradellock, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/, and installing it between the GPS cradle and the GPS mount. It gives one peace of mind when stopping for head calls and other tasks and not having to worry about disconnecting the GPS to protect it from sticky fingered individuals. I leave mine on the Spyder all the time except when stopping at motels overnight when on tour.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    IMO, if one is going to purchase a GPS one should also consider buying a Kradellock, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/, and installing it between the GPS cradle and the GPS mount. It gives one peace of mind when stopping for head calls and other tasks and not having to worry about disconnecting the GPS to protect it from sticky fingered individuals. I leave mine on the Spyder all the time except when stopping at motels overnight when on tour.
    Great idea, I will look into this as well

Spyder Garage

I got my XT Mount from Lamonster
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's really funny how many don't want to try or buy the few apps that work with the BRP Connect app. They want to spend hundreds more on an old fashioned Garmin with slow processor. I just read on the BRP Connect User group on Facebook that one rider enjoyed a couple of weeks in Scotland and had no problems using either of the GPS apps as well as music.

I have made it a point to learn anything new I buy and enjoy using the 2021 dash and the BRP Connect app that I can bring up in it. Works great if you take the time to learn it and with all the videos on how to use it I continue to wonder why many aren't up for it and fall back on what they are used to.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

It's a BRP mount.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tthuss View Post
    Great idea, I will look into this as well
    One step up from a Kradellock (I had one), is the Touratech Zumo XT cradle/lock (have this now). Much more stout and secure, albeit at a higher cost. Check out the video in the link. Just some FYI..
    https://touratech-usa.com/store/Tour...Garmin-Zumo-XT

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue