Spyder Garage

Default Comfort Cushion Material - any difference between Comfort Heated & S2S seats?

Tried getting an answer from Can-Am but no luck. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the cushioning material between the Comfort Heated Seat and the Sea to Sky seat.
    Want to replace the the standard seat on my 2020 RT-L.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt it. The 'comfort' part is mostly additional legroom.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I test rode a 21 Sea to Sky. I liked it. Except for the color. I didn't need the trunk removal cover or the luggage - and couldn't justify the extra cost for features I didn't need. I ordered a 21 RT Limited in Marsala Red/Black and love it. I put a Comfort seat on it and like it a lot. That said, it is not a day and night difference. My wife likes the pillion seat better as well. My dealer confirmed it is the same seat sans Sea to Sky badging.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Both memory foam padded. Both perforated cover. Stitching pattern is different.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Drwerner
    Thanks for the info from dealer. That's the info I needed. I got some info from BRP but it was confusing and didn't address my question.
    Thanks again
    Thad

Spyder Garage

So the Comfort and Comfort Heated seat that BRP sells on the site is the same material as the stock seat just added a bit more room for the rider and a little less for the passenger than the stock RT-Limited seat?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JStearns View Post
    So the Comfort and Comfort Heated seat that BRP sells on the site is the same material as the stock seat just added a bit more room for the rider and a little less for the passenger than the stock RT-Limited seat?
    JStearns, I sat on both the RT-L and the S2S (and ended up buying the simple RT-L). Seating is key for me at 6’7”, so I take particular interest. The S2S seat did not give me ANY more room……and I found the stock seat to be more comfortable. Despit what others say above, I do believe there is a difference between stock and S2S beside just badging. BRP promotes the S2S as having memory foam while the stock does not. I’ll see if I can find the video where they point that out.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Again, the Heated Comfort is the same as the S2S except for stitching pattern. Same memory foam, same perforated material, both heated. I have not investgated the non-heated Comfort Seat, but suspect it just doesn't have heat.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JStearns View Post
    There is a large difference between the stock RTL seat and the S2S seat. The memory foam to me makes a huge difference in feel. Good or bad I'm not sure, because I would need to ride it some distance to figure that out. Feel sure either would do better than my 2019 RTL seat.

Just from the showroom seating test I like the memory foam.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I was at a Can-Am RT demo ride at the dealer. The Can-Am rep said there is a difference. The custom is gel material and the s2s is memory foam. Wife and I like the memory foam.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    I was at a Can-Am RT demo ride at the dealer. The Can-Am rep said there is a difference. The custom is gel material and the s2s is memory foam. Wife and I like the memory foam.
    Do you nean COMFORT instead of custom? Because I have the comfort seat and it is memory foam, not gel.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

I purchased the 2021 RTL and find the stock comfort/heated seat to be very comfortable.... however, a few weeks later I test drove the S2S and found THAT seat to be plush!
    Interestingly enough I found the ride on the S2S to be much more harsh than my RTL.
    Don't know why - but the RTL just skitters over bumps whereas that S2S seemed to hit every one of them without any shock absorption. I was glad to be riding the plush feeling seat.
    Bought the RTL in February and rode the S2S in March.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

This discussion thus far has made the difference between the 2 seats as clear as mud. The stack seat on my 19 RTL really sucked but the stock seat on my 21 RTL is worlds better. I am waiting on the back order on the comfort seat. We liked the seat on the S2S in the show room and really liked it. Not sure what the difference is with both of them. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black