Spyder Garage

Default front speaker repacement

Any advice on what speakers to use that will fit and replace the front stock speakers?
    Just trying get little more volume out of it.
    Is it worth the money?
    Did some searching and both the JBL and Polk speakers mentioned are not available anymore
    Could you use any 2 ohm 5.25" Speaker
    2014 Spyder ST

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default speakers

Quote Originally Posted by motorrijden View Post
    Any advice on what speakers to use that will fit and replace the front stock speakers?
    Just trying get little more volume out of it.
    Is it worth the money?
    Did some searching and both the JBL and Polk speakers mentioned are not available anymore
    Could you use any 2 ohm 5.25" Speaker
    2014 Spyder ST
    I got the JBL 2ohm models ( four at 5.25 in. for my 2014RT ) which have been superseded by the Stage3 527F ( 3 Ohms ) . Check them @ Sonic Electronix $ 69.95 a pair delivered. A 2ohm speaker will effectively double the head units power, 3 ohm only by a third ..... Speakers all sound slightly different ( tonal ) ... But we must be realistic about this, used on a Mtc. you can't tell the difference because of ambient noise. And there are no 5.25 in. speakers that can produce a good BASS sound, the Cone is just too small. .... I don't know how many speakers you have ( I had four ) but if you have Four you Must re-place All Four or dis-connect the rear..... Why ? - The poor sounding speakers are what you will hear, they will over-ride the good sounding ones. Example say you have 7 speakers in your home system and one goes bad - that is the speaker you will notice ( unless it goes completely dead ie. No sound at all ) .... good luck, keep us informed .... PS, I have over 50,000 mi. on my JBL speakers and they still work Flawlessly ...PPS, although these are not Marine speakers, it doesn't really matter, the Cone and Dome are made from Polyethylene ........ Mike