I've been using my Zumo XT since about January, for about 7000 miles. I've used basecamp to enter all of my regular routes. Almost inevitably while riding a route Zumo says, "off route. Recalculate?". The map shows me clearly riding on the planned and marked route. If I say no, Zumo continues to show me on the route, but there are no further navigation instructions and the time to destination begins to grow. If I say yes, Zumo says "Make a U turn as soon as possible." If I turn recalculation completely off, it just stays lost, just like answering 'no'. The only way I've been able to recover from this is to physically stop, restart the route and go to the next waypoint. Then it says proceed to highlighted route, even though I'm sitting on the route. Starting at the 'nearest entry point' NEVER works.

I wanted to be ready when I ventured into unknown areas, but this thing inspires no faith whatsoever.

If I pick out a destination, let Zumo plan the route and then follow that route it seems ok. But, it picks crappy routes. If it picks the bad roads in the area I know, it probably is going to miss the good routes in areas I don't know.

Any way around this?