Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default '09 GS Passenger backrest?

Greetings-

I recently encouraged my dad to purchase a 2009 GS. He is no longer comfortable riding on 2 wheels and thought this was a good way for him to ride with me a while longer.

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't do any research before the purchase beyond realizing it was a good price compared to others in the area. It's in good shape and runs well, so that's not the issue. He wants to install a passenger back and arm rests for his wife, but we are struggling to find anything. The local dealer isn't much help nor is the Can-Am web site. I've checked on eBay, but can't find any direct matches and can't seem to cross reference to other models that would be compatible.

The internet is somewhat of a mystery to him, so I'm trying to run something down. Plus, I feel guilty as I didn't do any homework prior to this purchase.

Attached are a couple pics of what he currently has. It appears to me that a backrest would drop in then get locked in place with those 2 bars. Is that how that would work? Do the hand holds come off for armrests? What other models can I search for that would work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images