Spyder Garage

Default RT Exhaust Questions

I would like to upgrade my exhaust on my 2018 RT Limited. I have looked at 2 Brothers, the Can-Am factory upgrade, etc. Also looked at Lamonster Garage cat replacement pipe. In addition to changing exhaust, shouldn’t the fuel mapping airflow be changed too — Dynajet Power Commander? Any thoughts or experiences will be helpful and welcomed. Thank you.
    Alea iacta est!

Spyder Garage

When you change your exhaust system just start the Spyder and let it idle for 10 min or so; do not let blip the throttle, just let it run and the ECU will make the appropriate adjustments. If you see a need to pop for a Power Commander that's your business. IMO, I can get in enough trouble with my stock Spyder if I let Harry Hooligan have too long a leash.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also keep in mind that "change" does not necessarily equal "upgrade".

What is your ultimate goal? Are you looking for more power? More fuel economy? More noise?

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TNGoodwyne View Post
    I would like to upgrade my exhaust on my 2018 RT Limited. I have looked at 2 Brothers, the Can-Am factory upgrade, etc. Also looked at Lamonster Garage cat replacement pipe. In addition to changing exhaust, shouldn’t the fuel mapping airflow be changed too — Dynajet Power Commander? Any thoughts or experiences will be helpful and welcomed. Thank you.
    Look for a muffler from an F3L…..baffles in muffler are different to create a louder exhaust note…..I got one from EBay new for $166. Exact bolt on install.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

The Cat Delete pipe is probably the best single change to the exhaust system. It increases the 'noise' level a bit, reduces weight & heat, and helps when you look for power improvements.
    Depending on which power module you choose, you may need to change your muffler and/or modify your airbox.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After endless research, it appears to me that the simplest, easiest, safest upgrade performance mod is stage one or stage two along with the cat delete. My warranty is up in two months and that's the way I'm going to go. I've yet to see any posts of an unhappy spyder owner who's opted for stage 1 or 2. Best bang for the buck. Get stage 2 if you want to do a coast-to-coast trip in under two days. LOL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    The Cat Delete pipe is probably the best single change to the exhaust system. It increases the 'noise' level a bit, reduces weight & heat, and helps when you look for power improvements.
    Depending on which power module you choose, you may need to change your muffler and/or modify your airbox.
    .... I see you are new to the Forum ( and maybe the Spyder )... here are some well documented Facts .... Changing the muffler or leaving it the same and just doing the " cat Delete " will ONLY change the " SOUND " .... The ONLY way to get anymore POWER is to re-map the ECU .... ( ie Monster Fuel or Wicked performance - I don't know enough about the Power Commander to comment ) .... Some folks here spent a lot of money on so-called performance Mufflers only to discover the only thing they got was a LOT of Noise, sometimes way more than they bargained for.... if at all possible try and " hear before you buy " ... lots of sound vids on U-tube etc. .... good luck & .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I bought a Cat Delete with their Resonator from JLS, I had Rick also make a 90 degree pipe for the end to hook onto a chinese muffler and I love the resulting sound. I'm also still playing around with Dynojet Power Commander V with their Autotune and their Pod 200. I'm getting codes of U0156 and P0172 and a ?0000. hopefully someone will tell me what those codes mean.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I want to thank all those who responded to my questions. With the answers provided and direction from the High Command, I will keep my 2006 Honda VTX as my vehicle to tinker and hot-rod with. Thanks again for the input.
    Alea iacta est!

Spyder Garage

I would also love to change my exhaust. Was looking at the 3 options they have on the Can-Am site. I don't care so much for a power increase (this thing already has enough power) I just want to increase the noise. This RT is just too quiet. I want people to hear that I am coming up on them. Has anyone had experience with the Akrapovič Exhausts that Can-Am has on the website?

Spyder Garage

My husband has the Akrapovic exhaust on his 2016 F3T. It gives it a throaty, deeper, mellow tone. Not overly loud at all. It's the loudest when you first start up the trike, then it calms down. Not obnoxious at all. I would love to have one on my RT-S!
    2014 RT-S SM6 , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSpyder View Post
    My husband has the Akrapovic exhaust on his 2016 F3T. It gives it a throaty, deeper, mellow tone. Not overly loud at all. It's the loudest when you first start up the trike, then it calms down. Not obnoxious at all. I would love to have one on my RT-S!
    Do you know which Akrapovic exhaust he has? I know on the Can-Am site they have an Akrapovic exhaust, Akrapovic Sinister Silencer, and Akrapovic sport touring 3C. I am going to try to do some YouTube searched to see if any one has comparison videos on the sound of them.

Spyder Garage

I just put the Akrapovic on my Sea to Sky this past weekend. I did after seeing Shawn putting one on a Sea to Sky and just liking it so much he'd thought about asking for one for the demo he's currently ridding. Could tell the difference immediately and nice deeper throatier but not obnoxious plus she looks so sweet now with it there too!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JStearns View Post
    I would also love to change my exhaust. Was looking at the 3 options they have on the Can-Am site. I don't care so much for a power increase (this thing already has enough power) I just want to increase the noise. This RT is just too quiet. I want people to hear that I am coming up on them. Has anyone had experience with the Akrapovič Exhausts that Can-Am has on the website?
    If you want noise go with Two Brothers or Tail Gunner. If you live in NC they'll be able to hear you in TX.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JStearns View Post
    Do you know which Akrapovic exhaust he has? I know on the Can-Am site they have an Akrapovic exhaust, Akrapovic Sinister Silencer, and Akrapovic sport touring 3C. I am going to try to do some YouTube searched to see if any one has comparison videos on the sound of them.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I don't get on here too often! My husband's Akrapovic exhaust is the sport touring. Love it's sound!
    2014 RT-S SM6 , Circuit Yellow