Spyder Garage

Default Got it! Front white sprocket from CheapCycle Parts is here!

Just wanted to let everybody know that I got my front white sprocket from cheap Cycle parts in a little over than 2 1/2 weeks. Great company and great service!

Spyder Garage

Question is will it stop the 47-50 mph howling?
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I got my white sprocket yesterday. It might stop the howling/whistling but I HIGHLY doubt it will fix the sprocket wear issue. I’ll be able to tell in another 20000 miles!(that’s been my average wear time. I’m on my 5th sprocket)
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

then its time to change the way you stop

Spyder Garage

Yup ... You never want to manually down shift (pun intended)

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    then its time to change the way you stop
    A quick 'straw poll' here amongst the locals Down Under suggests that amongst the SE Ryders, there's more who've let their Spyders downshift 'automatically' who have had front sprocket failures than those who usually manually initiate their down shifts.... But there's all sorts of possible reasons that more of them may have replied than any others; altho I really doubt there's anyvalidity in the supposition that whichever way you might choose to downshift has any real impact on the spline fretting issues!

After all, despite there being significantly more SE's than SM's out there, this front sprocket/spline fretting thing is something that's happening to both manuals & semi-autos, and the SE computers won't even LET a downshift occur if it's going to overly stress the gearbox/driveline.... Plus, I have it on good authority that the 'auto-downshift' feature on the SE's was originally designed & intended as a 'Fail-safe intervention of last resort' in case the ryder/operator stuffed up &/or was too lazy to initiate the downshift themselves at a more appropriate time to match revs & maintain full control of the bike! You should remember that it IS still a manual gearbox, only with some computer controlled shift operations - there's no torque converter in there! Besides the oil pressure engaged/computer controlled clutch operation that matches revs & enables shifts to occur at all, it's all just like the manual gearboxes on the inside; so if the computer can manage those auto-downshifts at the 'intervention is now necessary to avoid damage point', then they can certainly handle manually down-shifting as designed/intended via the ryder/operator's manual initiation of said down-shift with the flappy paddles a little earlier - and the SE's transmission/gear change computer WON'T LET YOU DOWNSHIFT AT ALL if it's likely to overly stress the driveline &/or front sprocket.

Cheers
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-01-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

whatever you say you seem to be the most knowledgeable

Spyder Garage

I think the only way to stop the fretting on some units would be to make a hanger queen out of it and never leave the garage.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange