Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Belt Tension Roller

How many miles is Lamonster's belt tensioner roller good for? I have a 2019 RT that I have about 19,000 miles on. The roller is the larger one and looks good and bearing seems to be good. It does seem to help on any vibration at lease I don't have any. Should I be replacing the roller?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I think he advises about the mileage you have if I were u I would maybe order a new one to have and to hold but keep running the one that’s there and just check it (.)(.) every 1k btw I put one on my 2020 and it’s doing a great job
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Looks like it time for recommended inspection of roller.
    This is from Lamont’s web page.

We have redesigned the roller for the stock BRP belt tensioner that allows two larger bearings and a larger roller to reduce the rpm that the roller spins.

No more worrying about the stock roller failing and stranding you on the side of the road. Not to mention the cost of a new belt ($310.00).

The idea is to be able to give you a cost effective alternative to what’s available now. We are offering just the 2.0 roller by it's self or as a complete kit using the factory belt tensioner.

LG-1065-F3 Fits all F3 models. 2015+ - PRESENT

LG-1065-RT Fits all RT models. 2014+ - PRESENT

F3 Install Instructions

RT Install Instructions

Just pick your option above and add to cart!!!

NOTE: These are not lifetime rollers or bearings and we expect them to last 15 to 20 thousand miles. If the arm is not installed square with the belt it will fail sooner as that will put extra load on the bearing. These are a wear item and should be inspected frequently.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Based on the above post I would replace it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just check it again and it does look good but I went a head and placed an order for a new roller with bearing. I will replace it when I get it. Thanks you guys for coming back to me.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Jacob Tinker, at Lamonster, advised me to replace every 15K-20K miles.

To: "troopa138"
    Cc:
    Sent: Monday January 18 2021 8:38:41AM
    Subject: Re: Roller upgrade estimated longevity

Every 15 - 20,000 miles

Jacob

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I replace mine around 19k. It still was good but for the price it is better to be safe than sorry.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I replace mine around 19k. It still was good but for the price it is better to be safe than sorry.
    I feel the same way.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Im trying to find some information on why or do all the spiders have the belt roller system from factory? Do I need it, should I get a kit. What do it help with? I been looking for 30 min for information. But to no avail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twocams View Post
    Im trying to find some information on why or do all the spiders have the belt roller system from factory? Do I need it, should I get a kit. What do it help with? I been looking for 30 min for information. But to no avail.
    They DO NOT all have them, and many DON'T need them!

The reason that SOME DO have them from the factory (or maybe from the dealer? ) &/or why some owners HAVE FITTED them is that SOME Spyders get an annoying harmonic vibration in the top chord of their drive belt at a certain given speed, usually at something around 70-75 mph.

For some of those owners who do get this vibration, dropping or adjusting their drive belt tension will either reduce the vibration enough for them no longer to be concerned, or it'll get rid of the vibration completely! But for others, while adjusting the drive belt tension might change (lower or raise?!) the speed at which the vibration occurs, it doesn't reduce the vibration enough to make them comfortable. That's where the anti-vibration dampeners (that are often erroneously called 'belt tensioners', despite them actually having negligible effect on the belt tension ) come in.

There is a BRP sourced OE option that some Spyders (mainly late-ish 2021 models?? ) come with fitted either by the factory &/or the dealer; plus you can purchase that OE version & fit it yourself; or there are a few a/mkt options that you can purchase & fairly readily fit yourself; but if you DON'T HAVE this harmonic belt vibration at about 70-75 mph and your Spyder doesn't already have the OE version fitted, then there's no real point & little if any benefit in you purchasing either an OE version OR an a/mkt version & fitting any one of these anti-vibration dampeners to your Spyder!

So basically, if you don't already have one on your Spyder and you aren't bothered by a harmonic vibration when ryding at around 70-75 mph, then just get on out there and.....

Ryde More, Worry Less!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

i installed one on my 2020 F3 limited last week, before install i hit around 75-80 mph and got a bad vibration, i dont go over 60 usually, but wanted to see what it would do, had to slow down when i felt that vibration, installed lamonster roller, hit around 90 mph smoothe as can be, from 0-90 mph....glad i installed it.. if i need to go that fast for some reason, i can do it without fear,,lol... love this spyder, i came from a 1500 vulcan classic. dont miss it a bit,, im smiling again when riding this thing..
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

For now Ill just play it by ear. I have only put about 800 miles on my 2015. And dont due much over 70mph. If I need to go faster Ill get one of my (5) other 2 wheels out.

Spyder Garage

I say and have always said, KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE!! If there wasn't a dampener out there would we even care about the little vibration or not? What is it about having to mess with things that really amount to a hill of beans! You have a vibration at 70 or 80, I very rarely ever drive that fast and when I do, hell every things vibrating, windshield, tires, what the heck!!! It's just another thing you have to watch out for and to wear out and replace!!! If I had one I would check it every time I change the oil, clean it, make sure it's spinning the way it should, and when it feels like it rolling ruff, change it out! Don't go by miles, because a bearing dose not work like motor oil, you never know when it's going to say good by!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I say and have always said, KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE!! If there wasn't a dampener out there would we even care about the little vibration or not? What is it about having to mess with things that really amount to a hill of beans! You have a vibration at 70 or 80, I very rarely ever drive that fast and when I do, hell every things vibrating, windshield, tires, what the heck!!! It's just another thing you have to watch out for and to wear out and replace!!! If I had one I would check it every time I change the oil, clean it, make sure it's spinning the way it should, and when it feels like it rolling ruff, change it out! Don't go by miles, because a bearing dose not work like motor oil, you never know when it's going to say good by!!
    I have tried the belt tighter/looser thing and it just moved the your pick (vibration/shudder/other drivers looking over wondering what the he$$ is going on) up or down a few MPH. I can truthfully say if I had not installed the roller from Lamonster I would have been rid of the Spyder by now.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I had a BRP vibration dampener go bad on my 2019 RTL with between 10000 and 15000 miles. My 2021 RTL came with a vibration dampener on it from the factory. The roller looks the same small and a single bearing. I'm going to replace the roller and bearing with Lamonster's when I replace my rear tire. I'm guessing will be at 8000 to 10000 miles. I think I will replace Lamonster's bearing every other tire after that. It's not pretty when the bearing lets go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red