Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake only releases maybe 50% of the time?

I have looked and can't find a post with this exact issue.
    2015 F3-SM6.....

Parking brake will set 99% of the time, releases on first try maybe 50% of the time, flick the switch back and forth, and for now will eventually release.
    Also dash initiator light for said brake does not come on at all.
    It was working fine for the past 26,000 miles I used it all the time. Going to dig into tonight but thought I would post up in case someone has an idea.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brake Motor or sticky switch?

Spyder Garage

adjust parking brake at rear brake caliper. remove rt side front plastic. check micro switch at top of actuator wheel for proper operation. I Had problem similar last year. removed micro switch found problem with arm on micro switch. Re set micro switch reset actuator wheel to drive motor. so far last 2 months all good

Spyder Garage

So I took a look at it yesterday and well I have egg on my face , the problem was self inflicted. About a week ago I installed a new garage door opener and had to reprogram my Mo-Door opener on the bike. It is Velcro attached on the metal the brake servo is attached too.
    Since the Velcro seemed to be wearing a bit, I used a tie-wrap around it to make sure it was secure. Well I did not notice at the time I went around the micro switch arm with it and bent it.
    I bent it back last night and it seems ok. Any more issues and I will replace that micro switch. It took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to work properly.

Spyder Garage

Another thing I think people may be over looking is that E brake cable should be lubed now and then! Had a friend this spring that was having troubles with his cable sticking, I took it out lubed it up and got it working, so far, so good!
    2012 RTL , Pearl