Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I keep getting this message when I try to post pictures ... never had this problem b4

SpyderLovers admin warning.jpg

Obviously, I can post pics elsewhere, but not on this thread (see #22) https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...19#post1585819
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

That's odd, but I see what you mean?!? Have you tried using 'Manage attachments' instead of 'Insert Image'?? Or vice versa??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    That's odd, but I see what you mean?!? Have you tried using 'Manage attachments' instead of 'Insert Image'?? Or vice versa??
    No. What is that?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Bearing in mind that this is WAAAYYY harder to type out than it is actually to do....

Click on 'Reply to Thread' or 'Post Quick Reply' then 'Go Advanced' - once you get the 'Reply to Thread' screen up (or after you've typed your text in), scroll down PAST the text field until you see 'Additional Options'. The first block in that will be 'Miscellaneous Options:' but you want the SECOND, which will be 'Attachments' - in there you'll see a button that is labelled 'Manage Attachments', click on that. That'll open a new 'Manage Attachments' screen that has a bunch of options for choosing files from your computer or from a website - when you select 'choose file', it'll ask where you want to get it from, your camera, cam-corde, files, etc - select one, drill down to find the pic you want, select the pic, then Done, & once its address/label is showing in the space alongside the 'choose file' button, click on 'upload file' which will be in the bottom left of that space. It'll take a bit of time to upload, and once it has, the address label will disappear from where it was but appear down in the THIRD block on that screen, the one labelled 'Current Attachments' - Once it's there, you can select another file via the second 'choose file' button in the list & then repeat all the other steps, but effectively once their address label is in the 'Current Attachment' field you can go back to your 'Post Reply' screen & submit the post!

The pic/s will appear as thumbnails in your post, but in most cases 'Manage Attachments' will do the bulk of any re-sizing required and it'll often do the re-orientation too. Plus, when you click on the thumbnail, if the original image is of sufficient resolution, then even if it's small, your viewer can expand it on their screen to make it large enough to view clearly in a way that you often can't with 'Inserted Images'!

Not sure it'll help with any problem that causes that particular message to appear (don't often see that one?!) but it works in many cases where 'Insert Image' fails, so I reckon it's probably worth a shot!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter. I'll give it a go.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem. Will try again with those instructions. Nope, 413 request entity too large
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Bearing in mind that this is WAAAYYY harder to type out than it is actually to do....

Click on 'Reply to Thread' or 'Post Quick Reply' then 'Go Advanced' - once you get the 'Reply to Thread' screen up (or after you've typed your text in), scroll down PAST the text field until you see 'Additional Options'. The first block in that will be 'Miscellaneous Options:' but you want the SECOND, which will be 'Attachments' - in there you'll see a button that is labelled 'Manage Attachments', click on that. That'll open a new 'Manage Attachments' screen that has a bunch of options for choosing files from your computer or from a website - when you select 'choose file', it'll ask where you want to get it from, your camera, cam-corde, files, etc - select one, drill down to find the pic you want, select the pic, then Done, & once its address/label is showing in the space alongside the 'choose file' button, click on 'upload file' which will be in the bottom left of that space. It'll take a bit of time to upload, and once it has, the address label will disappear from where it was but appear down in the THIRD block on that screen, the one labelled 'Current Attachments' - Once it's there, you can select another file via the second 'choose file' button in the list & then repeat all the other steps, but effectively once their address label is in the 'Current Attachment' field you can go back to your 'Post Reply' screen & submit the post!

The pic/s will appear as thumbnails in your post, but in most cases 'Manage Attachments' will do the bulk of any re-sizing required and it'll often do the re-orientation too. Plus, when you click on the thumbnail, if the original image is of sufficient resolution, then even if it's small, your viewer can expand it on their screen to make it large enough to view clearly in a way that you often can't with 'Inserted Images'!

Not sure it'll help with any problem that causes that particular message to appear (don't often see that one?!) but it works in many cases where 'Insert Image' fails, so I reckon it's probably worth a shot!
    When I click on Manage Attachments, I get the same message and can't proceed further.

SpyderLovers admin warning 2.jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I'll send it on up the line...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Agreed ... I haven't been able to post photos in awhile

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Please try to post images as normal.

There was an update to the server, this issue should be resolved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I am getting the same thing. Doesn't matter if I use the 'Image' icon or the Manage Attachments option. Different error messages. But both tell me I do not have permission to post pictures. I hope they get this fixed.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

8242065D-C549-4C78-89EC-471506FB4AE6.jpg

Looks like it’s working now.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I am getting the same thing. Doesn't matter if I use the 'Image' icon or the Manage Attachments option. Different error messages. But both tell me I do not have permission to post pictures. I hope they get this fixed.
    I couldn’t go back and add pics to old posts but it seems to be working with new ones?

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post

I couldn’t go back and add pics to old posts but it seems to be working with new ones?
    Exactly
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Spyder 1.jpg

Looks like it's working again for me.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Try now with editing old posts & adding an image.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Try now with editing old posts & adding an image.
    Yea it works, you da man

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

140 miles or curvy road.jpg

. Works now --------- Well almost--------
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow