Spyder Garage

Default IMotorsports - fine customer service!

I got my 2021 RTL from Imotorsports, I worked with Michael Kay and Thomas Palrmer what a fine customer service every thing when like clockwork. I traded my 2015 Rts .Love my new bike .

Spyder Garage

Good to hear. I have dealt with them twice since December 2019, bought two new (one year old) F3L's from them. Both had trade in's that were picked up at delivery time. Everything went like clockwork for me also. No surprises, glitches, and everything was as ordered.

Worth dealing with. Telling them you are an SL member will negate freight and set up charges on the deal. Whatever else happens, is up to you and your trade if you have one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I bought my B.E.S.T. warranty from Thomas Palmer over the phone. He was so pleasant that I wish I could have don't it in person.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I also used them for our 21 RTL with heated comfort seat and adjustable wind deflectors. Couldn't have been done more professionally. One week from finance transfer the bike was delivered here in rural tennessee by Paul who was also very nice.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think anywhere you go for service will be wait in line.

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I purchased my first spyder from a dealership in Texas and had it delivered to my home. I went to the 3 local dealerships and told them that I did not buy from them because of their prices. But I do not do my own work, so the local dealership that treated me the fairest would continue to get my business. They one in Durham stepped up and I have been happy since 2014 with them. They have worked on my last 3 spyders. I purchased my latest spyder (2016 F3T) from I Motorsports and they actually delivered it to me while on vacation and picked up my trade in. I could not have asked for better sales experience.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

RE: Local pricing. I went to one of the "big boys" close to me. And the "man" would not budge one dollar from the price they quoted me. I saved about $1,500 by going with iMoto. Have not been back to that dealer period. Lamonster or Spyderpops now do my servicing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Having been a retailer myself, the concept of telling another seller what you were quoted and then asking, "can you beat that price," to me is disgusting beyond words. Of course the second seller will quote a lower price - he'd be a fool not to. Especially when purchasing a vehicle, set the price you want to pay, tell the seller a lower figure and the two of you will eventually meet in the middle. Maybe at the figure you had in mind. Here's another approach: When I am buying a car, I tell them what I will pay and the dealer usually disagrees, so I walk. So far, I have always gotten a call from them that I can have it at my price.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Having been a retailer myself, the concept of telling another seller what you were quoted and then asking, "can you beat that price," to me is disgusting beyond words. Of course the second seller will quote a lower price - he'd be a fool not to. Especially when purchasing a vehicle, set the price you want to pay, tell the seller a lower figure and the two of you will eventually meet in the middle. Maybe at the figure you had in mind. Here's another approach: When I am buying a car, I tell them what I will pay and the dealer usually disagrees, so I walk. So far, I have always gotten a call from them that I can have it at my price.

Thats exactly what I do, works very well. I usually write a check and hand it to the sales man or whoever they send over after talking to the sales person, and tell them that I am going out to lunch or what ever and that I'll be back in an hour or so and I will want either my check back or the title or te paper work indicating a done deal. Bought the last 5 vehicles that way.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Wow Old Timer, I gotta remember that. Very psychological, indeed.

Spyder Garage

IMotorsports right from the beginning told me they don't charge fright or setup only documentation for syderlover members my first dealer wanted over $1500+ Msrp they did offer 10k for. My trade in. The $1500+ killed the deal, all my other bikes were purchased out of state never had a problem with service if they don't want me for warranty I can go elsewhere ,l do my service myself anyway. I was very happy with IMotorsports response and free delivery to Florida.

Spyder Garage

I wanted to buy the 2021 Ryker I purchased new last year from the local STealer but they insisted on charging me approx. $1700 over & above MSRP. Ive purchased at lest two new motorcycles from them prior, neither of which were sold over MSRP in fact, both were purchased under MSRP yet they would not drop the price on the Rykers. Didn't matter which model Ryker I bought, all three were $1700+ over MSRP so I bought elsewhere. I’ve been kicking around the idea of trading my 2021 Ryker Rally in on a new Spyder and I’ll likely give them a chance to earn back my business but I wont pay over MSRP under any circumstance. Having been born and raised in the Murder City (Detroit), wheeling and dealing on the ultimate price paid for any new vehicle, MSRP was always the point to start reducing from. You want a new Chevy?, Ford will sell to you for less. It’s just the way its always worked now the way Rykers were sold last year here in Fla., all the dealers I approached wouldn’t budge from the ridiculous pricing my local BRP dealer offered, it was definitely a conspiracy, so I shopped out of state. I considered buying from imotorsports and spoke with one of their sales persons but I was told I had to wait two weeks for delivery and at the time I was ready to buy, a 2 week wait was out of the question. FWIW the salesman I dealt with @ imotorsports was not anyone mentioned here in this thread
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

jtoro1, I am in the process of buying a 2021 RTL from imotorsports in Illinois. Once you got payment to them, how long before you got the new bike? I am trading in a bike, and do not want to add mileage! But am feeling deprived of riding when I want! Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Thats exactly what I do, works very well. I usually write a check and hand it to the sales man or whoever they send over after talking to the sales person, and tell them that I am going out to lunch or what ever and that I'll be back in an hour or so and I will want either my check back or the title or te paper work indicating a done deal. Bought the last 5 vehicles that way.
    For sure, it shows the dealer that you mean business. It is then up to them if they are going to work with you.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exactly.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Default My 21 RTL from iMotorsports

I just purchased my 21 RTL from iMotorsports, got all the paperwork done, now just awaiting for them to deliver it to me in southern Indiana. I can't wait to start unlearning my 2 wheel riding habits and enjoy my new spyder. My wife has her MC endorsement, and also wants to drive me on the spyder. No i'm not buying 2 we'll just have to share.

Spyder Garage

1st post JRat!, congrats!! Fine bunch of travelers here. You’ll like, prolly end up falling in love with your new machine. Wont be long before you master the 3 wheel scene
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRat View Post
    I just purchased my 21 RTL from iMotorsports, got all the paperwork done, now just awaiting for them to deliver it to me in southern Indiana. I can't wait to start unlearning my 2 wheel riding habits and enjoy my new spyder. My wife has her MC endorsement, and also wants to drive me on the spyder. No i'm not buying 2 we'll just have to share.
    My suggestion is to bend your elbows! Stiff arms will have you dodging all over the road.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Yep....loose hands, loose arms. Give yourself time. It took me 1K miles before I felt comfortable and another 1K before I felt I was in control.

Spyder Garage

JRat, I have the same issue, just purchased a 2021 RTL Chrome edition from imotorsports! Have the paperwork taken care of and now the wait begins?.. your lucky, your much closer, I am in Western New Mexico! Waiting…

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    jtoro1, I am in the process of buying a 2021 RTL from imotorsports in Illinois. Once you got payment to them, how long before you got the new bike? I am trading in a bike, and do not want to add mileage! But am feeling deprived of riding when I want! Thanks
    Hi!
    I bought from iMotorsports about mid September and orginally thought 2 weeks or longer due to how busy they were to get it here to VA. It took about 10 days and I had my new2me 2016 F3. I had excellent experience and would recommend and/buy/trade from them again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I have taken my bike to Route 1 motorsports and was treated like part of there family no problem great service