Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Two Issues With Stock Handlebars on 2021 RT Limited. Looking for advice.

I'm 6"2" tall/200 lbs. I've had my 2021 RT Limited for a month and discovered 2 issues with the stock handlebar setup:
    1. Known issue: the grips hit my thighs if turning the handlebars to make sharp turns in the twisties /maneuvering in parking lot
    2. The gloss black key surround gets scuffed by the thick cable surround cover.
    I know that a 2" riser will fix both these issues. Is there a product to use to remove the scuffing on the gloss black key surround????
    Just don't understand that BRP didn't discover these issues in road testing the '20/'21 RT/RTL and make the necessary fix before bringing these to market.
    Thanks for any help that comes my way.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Is there a product to use to remove the scuffing on the gloss black key surround????
    Hi Mike

I don't know of any products that will remove the scuffing, but what I did in my Corolla (and plan to do on the RTL) is have the glass black pieces wrapped in vinyl. I have a local shop that does great work, inexpensively. I did the entire dash area and shifter surround for about $100 in a non-gloss black. It looks great and it doesn't scuff as easily.

Good luck!

--Exco

Spyder Garage

https://www.martinthevlogger.com/ He is selling a piece you maybe interested in may solve your scuff problem!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

The bars are moveable, loosen the clamp and raise them. They are not fixed in that position. Whoever assembled your bike placed the bars at that height.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you describe the item. If it's the Turbine Key Cover, it not what I'm looking for.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Can you describe the item. If it's the Turbine Key Cover, it not what I'm looking for.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mike
    Sorry, with no pictures I thought that was the part you scratched up!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

It is a known problem. For now, remove that cable guide, rotate the cable forward, and secure it with a thin zip tie.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I wound up putting some of the 3D domed carbon fiber over the black shiny from wrapmyspyder, I didn't do the whole of the dash, glove box. It's a known issue and although looking nice new, really crappy after just a few scratches on it.

Spyder Garage

I may have to check this out tonight. I ordered a 2" riser for mine but one of the videos I saw on SlingMods installing the risers showed that the factory handlebar had a small hole in the bottom of it that fit over a small pin so you wouldn't be able to adjust the bars without figuring out the angle you wanted them at and drilling another hole or grinding down that pin but maybe that was just whichever model year that specific RT was in the video.

Spyder Garage

The stock bars will move (rotate) up / down just a small amount. The pin goes in the hole in the bars, but the hole is more of a slot (ie it is oblong) so the bars can rotate a bit. Also you could try a different set of bars like the long reach or stock F3 model bars. Not sure why your harness is rubbing on the plastic mine did not. your bars should have two harness clips on each side to keep the harness tight to the bars and there is a metal hook / look at the bottom of the bar mount as the harness goes under the dash.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

The adjustable riser is pretty cool, too
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

You could also go to lamonstergarage.com and buy the 2" handlebar riser. Worked out great for me.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought the adjustable riser and like it. I also bought the domed carbon fiber trim pieces (example here https://wrapmyspyder.com/shop/dash-k...control-panel/) they are very nice and easy to install.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black