Spyder Garage

Default Brake failure light

I'm new so bare with me I have a 2020 RTL took out for a ride and noticed Park brake light is on I know I turned off and looks like yellow question mark light on and on way back home brake failure message came on turned it off and started it went around block and its all good no lights

Spyder Garage

Make sure your foot is not resting on the brake pedal! This is the number one problem is operator error.
    I've even done it and had the failure warning pop up on my 2021 and it was me and my big foot just touching the pedal enough to cause the light to come on.
    Tons of us fat footed folks have to retrain ourselves and this was the same with the 2019 and before models too.

If you didn't hear beeping then it came on with the brake failure fault.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't know how many miles you have, but as your brake pads wear down they'll need more fluid to operate properly. Check your brake fluid reservoir under your seat. It doesn't take much fluid drop to set off the sensor telling you that you need more fluid. Be careful and don't spill that stuff. Dot 4 is the fluid to use if you need it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Don't know how many miles you have, but as your brake pads wear down they'll need more fluid to operate properly. Check your brake fluid reservoir under your seat. It doesn't take much fluid drop to set off the sensor telling you that you need more fluid. Be careful and don't spill that stuff. Dot 4 is the fluid to use if you need it.
    You're absolutely correct for those with 2019 and prior RT's. But starting with the 2020 model year, the brake fluid reservoir is behind the right side service panel at about your right knee. It's a completely different design from the earlier ones and does not seem to be as sensitive to slightly low fluid.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's good to know thanks.