Spyder Garage

Default Sound system - anyone done a upgrade?

Just wondering if anybody out there has done a upgrade on your sound system? Not very happy with mine sounds like crap. I like my tunes loud and rockin I’ve heard just using a iPod or phone works better any thoughts.
    2019 f3 limited.
    Ken (190243)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2022 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spaces .

Spyder Garage

I use Apple Music through the Aux input. I stream it through a Bluetooth receiver from my phone. The cord in the trunk has an intermittent connection issue that I need to take care of but it works.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 190243 View Post
    Just wondering if anybody out there has done a upgrade on your sound system..Not very happy with mine sounds like crap.I like my tunes loud and rockin I’ve heard just using a iPod or phone works better any thoughts.
    2019 f3 limited.
    Ken (190243)
    check out what this member " Joel The Biker ", has posted recently .... you both have the new instrument cluster and He has apparently discovered how to make it better .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks but I’m not that handy to do that lol .think I’ll try the phone via Bluetooth.
    Ken (190243)

Spyder Garage

Here are some pics of the Bluetooth adapter that I plug into in aux input. Nice because I can use it in the boat and the 4 wheeler too. TaoTronics TT-BA07
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Not sure if I have the input plug on mine but will check it out does it improve the sound?
    Thanks
    Ken (190243)

Spyder Garage

Now I think your talking along the line of comparing Huawei to Samsung. There are better components than stock out there. As far as quality of sound I think you have to start with the speakers.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Here are some pics of the Bluetooth adapter that I plug into in aux input. Nice because I can use it in the boat and the 4 wheeler too. TaoTronics TT-BA07
    Does this BT adapter have sufficient output to full drive the Aux input? The ont that we use requires ~80% level on the Spyder to provide volume levels equal to ~30% on the radio. At this gain my RTL seems to be distorting. Also, is this USB powered? I love that about mine as it auto-boots when the piwer comes on. Just needs more output power.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

I don’t think I lose anything as far as volume level, then again I seldom go over half. The one pic doesn’t show it clearly, but there is a USB mini charge port by the switch. A full charge will last the whole day, and it can be plugged in if needed. It’s only about 20 bucks, so might be worth a try.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey