Spyder Garage

Default Modding the wife's Ryker

We bought a 2020 Ryker after my wife took the MSF 3 wheel class (I am an MSF instructor and teach people to ride motorcycles and 3-wheelers).

I can't leave anything alone (just look at my Harley) so I started modding the Ryker.

So far, we added a windscreen, a parking brake lock, a max-mount, a trunk, floorboards, a full size brake pedal, the tank bag phone holder, LED headlights and a jockey shifter. I also got her a nice Gremlin Bell.

I don't have a pic with the new headlights.

We are probably going to add a few more things, like a saddlebag, but not much more. I have a set of regular motorcycle mirrors for the Ryker as my wife does nt like the bar-end mirrors.

Overall, she lovers the damned thing and I am just happy she has her own machine. She comes down to some of my classes when we are teaching the 3 wheel class. We get 6 bikes a year from Can-Am at my school and for the past few years we've gotten Rykers. So it's cool for the students to see one in the real world, not just in the class.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You’re wife has a nice looking unit there. Congratulations!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    You’re wife has a nice looking unit there. Congratulations!
    Thanks! She really enjoys it. I rode it back from the dealer and had a blast riding it. Usually all I get to do is ride them during the training class, so it was the first time I had taken one on the highway. We try to ride every day after work and go on little excursions on the weekends. We did a few hundred miles this past weekend and we are going to New Jersey this coming weekend.

We are riding to Tennessee in August to attend a weeding (620 miles) so she's getting used to highway miles!
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spygoat View Post
    Thanks! She really enjoys it. I rode it back from the dealer and had a blast riding it. Usually all I get to do is ride them during the training class, so it was the first time I had taken one on the highway. We try to ride every day after work and go on little excursions on the weekends. We did a few hundred miles this past weekend and we are going to New Jersey this coming weekend.

We are riding to Tennessee in August to attend a weeding (620 miles) so she's getting used to highway miles!

~~~I’ve done very little slab with mine, I’m talking about the big miles. Sure, I ride I-75 often but it’s just into town (15 miles one way). The one time I rode to the Fla. Keys I wished I had a cruise control and wind screen. Your wife has the shield but you didn’t mention having some sort of wrist assist. Get her something to relieve the right wrist fatigue
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ~~~I’ve done very little slab with mine, I’m talking about the big miles. Sure, I ride I-75 often but it’s just into town (15 miles one way). The one time I rode to the Fla. Keys I wished I had a cruise control and wind screen. Your wife has the shield but you didn’t mention having some sort of wrist assist. Get her something to relieve the right wrist fatigue
    I have a ton of throttle rockers, I will put one on her bike.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

I have a ton of throttle rockers, I will put one on her bike.
    ~~~just make sure the throttle rocker actually works. I say this because I have a real cheapie on my Ryker and it’s less than useless “How cheap is it Jake?” Well, I paid $1.40, and that includes shipping from a Pacific Rim country. The one I have slips so before you go on a long trip with the Mrs., if her wrist is anything like mine she’ll need a throttle assist that actually works

Shortly after Y2K I bought a popular throttle rocker and used it on my then 93’ Honda ST1100 riding from the homestead to the other side of the country. It worked as advertised. My only complaint with it was using negotiating short stretches of curvy, hilly roads. Used there it was flat out dangerous but riding string straight slab I had no complaints

Seriously, I think the Ryker if outfitted properly is a bonafide long distance contender. Depending on your riding style I doubt you’ll need to fit an auxiliary fuel cell to her Ryker but forewarned is forearmed, the fuel capacity on an OEM Ryker is nothing to brag about but, IMNSHO it’s adequate for occasional long distance riding where time constraints aren’t an issue. That said, if I was going to use my Ryker to run cross country, I wouldn’t leave home w/o rigging some type aux. fuel cell, yet that’s left for a different discussion judging by the lack of this topic here on SpyderLovers dot com. Others may have better and different ideas
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ~~~just make sure the throttle rocker actually works. I say this because I have a real cheapie on my Ryker and it’s less than useless “How cheap is it Jake?” Well, I paid $1.40, and that includes shipping from a Pacific Rim country. The one I have slips so before you go on a long trip with the Mrs., if her wrist is anything like mine she’ll need a throttle assist that actually works

Shortly after Y2K I bought a popular throttle rocker and used it on my then 93’ Honda ST1100 riding from the homestead to the other side of the country. It worked as advertised. My only complaint with it was using negotiating short stretches of curvy, hilly roads. Used there it was flat out dangerous but riding string straight slab I had no complaints

Seriously, I think the Ryker if outfitted properly is a bonafide long distance contender. Depending on your riding style I doubt you’ll need to fit an auxiliary fuel cell to her Ryker but forewarned is forearmed, the fuel capacity on an OEM Ryker is nothing to brag about but, IMNSHO it’s adequate for occasional long distance riding where time constraints aren’t an issue. That said, if I was going to use my Ryker to run cross country, I wouldn’t leave home w/o rigging some type aux. fuel cell, yet that’s left for a different discussion judging by the lack of this topic here on SpyderLovers dot com. Others may have better and different ideas
    I have a few "cruise control" type spring-locking throttle controllers and the dovetail types that are your standard throttle rockers. I get a lot of freebies with my job and these were all test pieces from vendors. I'll find a suitable solution.

As for the fuel cell, we will have zero time constraints and plan on stopping often. We won't be riding on anything but slab, so refueling opportunities abound!
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Added the mirrors, a shifter knob and bar ends. I know they sell the spacers to take up the room usually occupied by the stock bar end mirrors, but they are not needed. You can simply loosen the switch gear on the throttle side and slide it to the end of the bar. For the left side, just peel the grip, slide it down, loosen the switch gear and move it down to the grip. Job done!

Before moving switchgear and grips:

After moving switchgear and grips:

Shifter ball:
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

luv the skull. great job on the Ryker.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I'm like you. I couldn't resist modding my wife's Rally. Got the saddlebag/top case combo from slingmods; bought the shifter; got the diamond plate floorboards, LED headlights, screen for air intake, new seat and backrest from slingmods; F4 windshield; 2021 gas cap (without lock); thermal insulation for front glove box; tire letters that say Rosie Ryker and "We Ride" (which come in today); changed the mirrors; new handlebars; decal for around the speedometer; cup holder from slingmods and phone holder from lamonstergarage. I'll take a pic of it and post it at some point. I think that's all. I'm sure they will be more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I'm like you. I couldn't resist modding my wife's Rally. I'm sure they will be more.
    Yeah, I went and ordered the Elite LED headlights from Slingmods and dumped the cheaper bulbs I had bought. Huge improvement. She has a stereo now and I think that's everything..lol
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I went and ordered the Elite LED headlights from Slingmods and dumped the cheaper bulbs I had bought. Huge improvement. She has a stereo now and I think that's everything..lol
    I was going to order the stereo system but the wife said she wouldn't use it. Where'd you get the skull on the shifter? I was looking for something unique for my wife's.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I was going to order the stereo system but the wife said she wouldn't use it. Where'd you get the skull on the shifter? I was looking for something unique for my wife's.
    Amazon. I believe it was $15.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Tunes = DONE!
    IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Added the Comie top box (trunk). Had to drill 2 holes in the MaxMount, but it took a total of 15 minutes and it looks great. It also provides a higher back rest pad for my wife (she has had quite a few back surgeries). Overall, for under $100, it is an awesome addition, plus it matches her Ryker perfectly!

IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2084.jpg
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Added the Comie top box (trunk). Had to drill 2 holes in the MaxMount, but it took a total of 15 minutes and it looks great. It also provides a higher back rest pad for my wife (she has had quite a few back surgeries). Overall, for under $100, it is an awesome addition, plus it matches her Ryker perfectly!
    When the rain decides to stop, I'll take a few pics of the mods I've done on the wife's bike. The only thing left to put on are the fender lights.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue