Spyder Garage

Default What size torque wrenches are needed for working on 2020 Spyder RT Ltd?

What size torque wrenchs needed for working on 2020 Spyder RT Limited? Sprocket, rear axle nut ect.?

Spyder Garage

Spyderjerry1, Get all three sizes 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" drives. You will need then all eventually.
    2020 Spyder RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

PMK, Any recommendations for a medium price one that's known to be accurate?

Spyder Garage

KenF, thank you.

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

If you plan to torque the axle nut (which is 166 ft-lbs ) get one that is 24" long or more. Some torque wrenches are only about 16-17" long so that they will fit in a standard tool box drawer.

That extra 6-7" of leverage makes a big difference when you are torqueing those higher numbers, and especially if you don't have a lift and are trying to do it while sitting on your garage floor. DAMHIK.

As to brand, I have several inexpensive ones (Chinese?) that I bought from Amazon over the years and they all seem to be fairly accurate for the occasional jobs that I do.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For the rear axle nut I suggest a regular 1/2" torque wrench that will go up to 120 lb-ft used with a torque multiplier wrench such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Bentolin-Moto...s%2C230&sr=8-8

61Y1gZbXsPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)