Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The add does not lit the length of the lifting rails, that would be a major concern. At a minimum all the weight would be far out on the rails unless you removed the floorboards on an RT every time you wanted to get it up. Will have to give in a look next time I am in HF, show in stock locally.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azwiz View Post
    Has anyone tried this lift? https://www.harborfreight.com/high-p...ift-99887.html Thanks Steve
    That's intriguing. I've not seen that one from HF before. I like the concept; very much like the Big Blue, except that one uses a screw jack. Worth checking into.

Thanks
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's this review (Based on this, I probably will not risk it as I have zero welding skills)

This has been a great asset to my home shop. There is almost always a full sized Harley on it. I did have to reinforce the lower pivot on the vertical bar because after a couple years of use, it tore off and my bike hit the floor then landed on its side. This happened while I was pumping the ram to raise the motorcycle.

Under load, the top pivot is stressed toward the bar while the lower pivot is stressed away from the bar and that is where the pivot tore away and let the bike fall. IF THE TOP LOCK POSITION BECOMES DIFFICULT TO REACH, THE LOWER PIVOT IS PULLING AWAY FROM THE VERTICAL BAR AND WILL EVENTUALLY BREAK AND YOUR BIKE WILL FALL The pivot has been repaired and reinforced. Fortunately, the bike landed in a way that caused little damage but could have been much worse

Steves-shop May 20, 2022
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-10-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Big Blue Spyder lift complete sells for US $1K + shipping in the US. I'd sure like to find a used one!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    The Big Blue Spyder lift complete sells for US $1K + shipping in the US. I'd sure like to find a used one!
    Did you see Joe’s earlier post about selling his Big Blue as he doesn’t have the room for it, Pete?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Did you see Joe’s earlier post about selling his Big Blue as he doesn’t have the room for it, Pete?

Pete
    I did, Pete. I texted him today and he still has it and I'll be buying it from him. He's presently at his Montana property but will be back in Las Vegas early October. So, as we go down to Yuma for the winter, I'll swing by and pick it up.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    The add does not lit the length of the lifting rails, that would be a major concern. At a minimum all the weight would be far out on the rails unless you removed the floorboards on an RT every time you wanted to get it up. Will have to give in a look next time I am in HF, show in stock locally.
    Lifting rails are 17" long

Spyder Garage

Default Yes you can replace the sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    This one from HF works well for me. It's more stable than the steel model HF sells. It will lift the Spyder high enough to do everything except sway bar replacement. https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html
    I actually used this model for my Spyder and with the extensions it comes with you can replace the sway bar. How do I know? Because I did it

Spyder Garage

After over a four month wait, I just received my new J&S Jack yesterday. It is well made, solid, and Made In USA...but it's not cheap, and the wait time was loooong. Note that I have a steel Harbor Freight jack that I paid $30 in cash from a local pawn shop 3 years ago, and I have used that HF jack to replace two rear tires on my 2009 Spyder GS. That being said, lifting the GS was a bit wiggly and the jack had some flex/wobble, but overall felt sufficiently stable to do the tire changes. However the 2021RT that I am replacing the stock, worn nearly to the cords, Kenda rear tire, weighs about 300 lb more than the GS so I did not want to risk lifting the RT with the HF jack.

I also purchased one of the two remaining Spyder RT adapters from J&S when I ordered the jack. Of course, with the adapter in stock, it came in three days. The adapter is heavy 1/4 inch steel made specifically to sit securely on the lift arms of the J&S Jack and to securely support the RT while maintaining stability and balance. Looking forward to trying it out, hopefully this weekend.

NO. The J&S Spyder adapter will not fit on the HF jack. The lift arms on the J&S are substantially wider than the HF. Even if it did fit, the HF Jack would be at the limits of its safe, stable working range.

Here is a link from bmwlarry with the J&S Jack and RT Spyder adapter: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ght=Handy+Lift

The RT adapter should balance and securely stabilize the Spyder and the J&S Jack is in a different level for quality of construction and robust build vs the HF jack, but it is priced accordingly. Watching the youtube comparisons of the guys lifting the big, heavy touring HD rigs, it looks like the J&S is the most stable with the least flex of them all.

Hope to be able to report that the new jack worked well and the tire change went well sometime soon.

Thanks
    Rod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    I made a adapter for my HD trike the fit my auto lift.. I just tried it today for the new 22 rt and it fit perfect . Just now i have to back on the lift

~~~good show budvoss, now that’s a lift!

Best,
    Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Here's a jack that works great, good price, lifts 24 1/2" and goes in to the frame without removing floorboards (on a 2022 spyder RTL large floorboards)

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...a3a16bdb444905
    Last edited by azwiz; 08-21-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Spyder Garage

I've used an old Harbour Freight lift for years. BUT I NEVER work under my Unless it is on Jack Stands with the rear wheel supported on a large block of wood. As I used to tell the students in my auto shop class----- " A car only falls on you once"

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Has anyone compared HF lift to a OTC lift ?? I know theres a lot of people that likes the HF but found very little on OTC. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Since you asked, this lift has saved my knees and back more times than I can count. Made in America.

https://www.hmcindustries.com/sl-6090t.html
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
    Has anyone compared HF lift to a OTC lift ?? I know theres a lot of people that likes the HF but found very little on OTC. Thanks
    As a retired heavy vehicle Fleet/Shop manager I would take the OTC over the HF lift any day.

Honestly I wouldnt purchase anything from HF and expect it to last if used much. JMHO
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Since you asked, this lift has saved my knees and back more times than I can count. Made in America.

So do you have to back it onto the lift every time or have you come up with some type of ramps to pull onto it?
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    So do you have to back it onto the lift every time or have you come up with some type of ramps to pull onto it?
    With the two additional side extension panels, I drive straight on.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post

Nice. Wish I'd bought one years ago.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I almost bought one to try out - hoping someone does buy & try!