Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What's the best Can Am Spyder lift?

What is the best lift for lifting the Spyder? Has any one used the one Harbor Fright sells?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

This one from HF works well for me. It's more stable than the steel model HF sells. It will lift the Spyder high enough to do everything except sway bar replacement. https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    This one from HF works well for me. It's more stable than the steel model HF sells. It will lift the Spyder high enough to do everything except sway bar replacement. https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html
    I have had the Craftsman version of this jack for many years. Used it to to jack up the 2021 RTL to get the front up on jack stands to replace the sway bar. The only thing about that jack is that it lifts the bike in a slight arch, I.e. not exactly straight up. When lowering it I would position the jack stands where I think they should be for positioning on the A arms but as the bike comes down it moves over some and they don’t align when lowered. Took a few tries to get them positioned correctly.

The other thing, and maybe this is just my jack, but the bike leans on the jack. I can’t get it to lift it exactly straight. It wasn’t enough to worry me but it leaned away from the jack. I tried changing the position of the jack on the main frame member and nothing really seemed to help with the slight lean. I need to play around with it more to see what I might have been doing wrong.

I’m not sure you are going to find a floor jack that lifts straight up unless you get something like the Big Blue jack but that thing is expensive and not as easy to store. I will say the Craftsman jack lifed the Spyder with not much effort.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

My vote goes to the Big Blue bike lift. I had mine initially for my Gold Wing and then got the adaptor parts for the Spyder. It does take up a bit of space but earns its keep when needed and is very safe to use.
    Alan.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    What is the best lift for lifting the Spyder? Has any one used the one Harbor Fright sells?
    The best one is from SNAP ON

Spyder Garage

Well Dave let's see it!!! You must have one!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lift

Sears had one that I was going to buy. But they are having a difficult time with getting the Lifts in, so I decided not to go that route.

It was very similar to the HF model. So I am still looking and waiting. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This one https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ycle-Jack-Lift

The HF, Craftsman, Sears ones are NOT stable enough and you will need to use jack stands before wrenching on the bike.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I tried the motorcycle/ATV lift and did get my Spyder off the ground. Took some adjustment to get the balance correct. Have a motorcycle table lift for my two wheelers. Bought the Big Blue Lift some 4 years ago for the Goldwing(s), but never used it much. Was going to sell it, but viewed a video that used it to lift the Spyder. Bought the BBL Spyder mount and it does a good job, and has been used several times now. Spyder leans a bit to the outside but is quite stable. Will use jacks/blocks when working underneath. There are table lifts that can get the Spyder off the ground, but you would have to have additional lift(s) to get it up off the table for work.

Best lift for the Spyder, depends on what you are going to used it for, space constraints, budget - lots of options. With what I own, the Big Blue Lift is the preference. Storage is somewhere between the motorcycle/ATV lift and the table lift.

The initial cost of the Big Blue Lift is more than most, but if you intend to ride Spyder(s) and do your own maintenance/work, well worth it.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

I have the Craftsman aluminum lift; I liked it for washing the Harley and the Spyder because there was no rust. It quit working and the hydraulic repair shops said it would cost more to repair it than it was worth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well Dave let's see it!!! You must have one!!
    I have seen the ones that they are using at the dealer here, they have the Snap on logo on them
    much better than the harbor freight unit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    I have the Craftsman aluminum lift; I liked it for washing the Harley and the Spyder because there was no rust. It quit working and the hydraulic repair shops said it would cost more to repair it than it was worth.
    I have the same one with the same issue, I replaced the ram, I got it on Ebay

Spyder Garage

Pit Bull is #1 in my book. Compare a Pit Bull to a Sears, HF or the like and you’ll see why. Much larger and more substantial.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have an OTC 1545 cycle jack, 1500# capacity. Very nice midrange priced, fits my 2020RTL nicely, no problems after 2 years working with it. Would definitely buy again,(should someone steal this 1).........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Wow, the price took a big jump on that jack. It was like $179.00 last time I looked.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

I have a HF I bought 12 years ago to use on my Royal Star, an automotive jack i use on the car/truck. I do most of the lifting on the Spyder with a set of ramps and auto jack to level it up. When I bought The ramps I bought 2 sets so I would have a 3rd ramp for the rear wheel. Cheap easy and safe.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have a HF lift that has performed flawlessly. Found it on Craigs list used for 40 bucks. And, I can't believe how much the cost has gone up. They were not much over $100.00 just a few years ago...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I have a big blue. It’s for sale. I just don’t have the space. Works perfectly, has the Spyder bits. Was about $750. Make me an offer, and come get it! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder lift

I also have a Big Blue. Originally for my Gold Wing, just purchased the adaptors for my Spyder. Great bit of kit if you have the room.

Spyder Garage

Do you have to remove floor board to use the big blue? I have 2022 spyder rtl.

Spyder Garage

Yes. The right floorboard needs to be removed to get jack in close.

Spyder Garage

I made a adapter for my HD trike the fit my auto lift.. I just tried it today for the new 22 rt and it fit perfect . Just now i have to back on the lift cs.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

What exactly are looking for? A lift for an occasional oil change or as I used my HF aluminum to lift my RTL up enough so I could spin the wheels to wash them? I originally bought it to install a BajaRon sway bar. Between the lift and blocks it worked flawlessly.
    22 RTL Hyper Silver. BajaRon sway bar, Lamonster bar riser, belt tensioner and big brake pedal…more to come.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought the same one, absolutely love it. I use it in combination with low profile ramps, and 2 of the 3 ton Daytona jackstands they sell to hold the front end up when I have the front tires off.

Just drive up on the ramps, place my chocks on the rear tire with the parking brake on and jack up with the lift from the front on the frame's crossbar and place the jack stands under the A arms.

Back end is a whole lot easier just chock the front tires take the extensions off of the lift to get it under my ultimate floorboards and jack up on the rearmost part of the frame to lift the back end up off of the floor to do your work.

But in order to get Baja Ron's bar in I just put my lawn mower ramps on the back of my pickup with the tailgate removed (using safety chains on the ramps attached to the bumper ) to get the Spyder high enough to do the swapout.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-07-2022 at 05:34 PM. Reason: 1 x ' ' ;-)

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Has anyone tried this lift? https://www.harborfreight.com/high-p...ift-99887.html

Thanks Steve