Spyder Garage

Default Does your F3-S burble, too?

I've got a 2016 F3-S. The hubs has a 2016 F3-T.

I've ridden them both, and cannot help but notice that my S model "burbles" when slowing to a stop. It's quite a noticeable sound during down-shifting.

My F3-S belonged to someone else originally, and he put an Akropovic exhaust on it. I disliked it, and had the dealer put the OEM exhaust back on before I took delivery.

Could the earlier use of the Akropovic explain why my Spyder burbles? Does it perhaps means that some tuning work was done in addition to changing the exhaust?

Or does the F3-S simply sound like that from the factory, while the F3-T does not?

Curious to hear other riders' experiences with this. It's not a big deal, of course. But to me, it's unexpected in a fuel-injected machine.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

My 2021 without the cat (LaMonster pipe) burbles and I love it. I love to hear the sound it makes as it downshifts coming to a light.
    2021 F3S Special Series , Grey / Black / Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    My 2021 without the cat (LaMonster pipe) burbles and I love it. I love to hear the sound it makes as it downshifts coming to a light.
    Ohhhhh ... there's an idea. I wonder whether the previous owner deleted the cat. I'll try to check that. Thank you, Touchdown.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

My stock '16 F3T burbles on slow down as well. Has done that since I got it with 1600 miles on it. I imagine it would be fairly loud with an aftermarket muffler.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodswoman View Post
    Ohhhhh ... there's an idea. I wonder whether the previous owner deleted the cat. I'll try to check that. Thank you, Touchdown.
    This would be very easy to see - but would have expected the dealer to say something if they put stock exhaust on there for you. Look at the piece under the middle of the bike - if it's wide - it's the stock primary muffler (what most call the CAT). If it's just a pipe - it's the "CAT Delete Pipe".
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Cat pics!

Image1.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

My stock 2016 F3-T does it too. I quite like the sound of it.

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is cause by several reasons,. It can have ECU remapped or tuned,. it can be the cat delete, it can be the Petrol that you put in - depends on the area where are ya from. Spyders can run on less octane fuels very well and more rich it is, it will burble ))
    I think mine is at different level

Spyder Garage

Deceleration backfire (burbles) is mostly caused by O2 and unburned fuel in the exhaust. Check for a leak at the gaskets, it is possibly sucking in air when decelerating.
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.