Spyder Garage

Default Buying from the Mother Ship Can-Am BRP

In April, I got my Spyder and ordered a set of driver floorboards on the Can-Am website. After a week passed with no word of a shipment, I found a set online for less with overnight delivery (from a dealer). It took repeated contacts to cancel from Can-Am. So now, Can-Am is having a summer sale and I'd like to get another accessory but don't want to repeat the previous experience. Was my experience out of the ordinary or is Can-Am always so annoyingly slow with orders?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    In April, I got my Spyder and ordered a set of driver floorboards on the Can-Am website. After a week passed with no word of a shipment, I found a set online for less with overnight delivery (from a dealer). It took repeated contacts to cancel from Can-Am. So now, Can-Am is having a summer sale and I'd like to get another accessory but don't want to repeat the previous experience. Was my experience out of the ordinary or is Can-Am always so annoyingly slow with orders?

Yeah, pretty much! Altho sometimes, you might be lucky?!? But who knows when/if that's likely or even possible?!

The only downside to not trying to buy from them tho, is that if everyone stops buying, they'll stop selling....
    So unless there's always going to be a/mkt alternatives available, then sometimes we (collectively)
    juuust might hafta put up with BRP's crappy customer service to ensure continuation of supply!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've recently ordered 3 times and the first 2 were pretty quick but the 3rd took longer and what I found out is they find a dealer that has what you order. Then the dealer ships it to you.

Also need to check the "Technical Specs" to make sure what you're buying fits your model Spyder.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Here's what I don't 'get' with that. Can-Am shouldn't have to 'search' for inventory. Aren't they the manufacturer who supplies their dealer network? Beyond that, they're selling that inventory on their website like a retailer. If you follow through with their search rhetoric, then they are selling stuff that they may not even have available. Aren't there laws against such practices? All the inventory in the dealer network should be sitting in a database. That's the search. But they make it sound like they're sending messengers out by land, sea and air in search of inventory. That's what I don't 'get.'

What Peter wrote sounds pretty much spot on based on my experience. I want to purchase their stuff and I'm not asking for Amazon Prime speed but a week with no movement isn't acceptable either. I may end up chancing it since the item is on summer sale now.

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a set of adjustable side wind deflectors (both uppers and lowers) for my 2020 RT Limited from the BRP website. Within a day or two the order was picked up by a dealer in Wisconsin and shipped. 20% off, free shipping and no sales tax! Isn't America great. And the wind deflectors work as designed.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting thread, here's my 'little' problem ordering from BRP, no contact, no communication, nada. They kill you with silence. Their Public Relations doesn't exist, it just "is what it is". My last effort in calling them, you leave your number, and if you are lucky, you get a call back the next day from some lady that has no idea what your talking about. I still love my Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They search for the closest dealer that has the part to send to a customer. Thats if any dealer has one in stock and could be many states away.

Spyder Garage

I have ordered a few things from BRP on sale. Had no problem the first came from a dealer only a couple hundred miles away. the second from a dealer a few states away. I returned on the the items out any problem. I have my issues with BRP but ordering accessories is not one of them.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

I too took advantage of the sale. I purchased both sets of wind deflectors.

I placed the order on Wednesday, and I received them on Saturday.

Now my order from Can Am Spyder Accessories is a different matter.
    I placed the order on Wednesday, the order is still sitting in "waiting to be fulfilled"

Exco

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I recently purchased a set of adjustable side wind deflectors (both uppers and lowers) for my 2020 RT Limited from the BRP website. Within a day or two the order was picked up by a dealer in Wisconsin and shipped. 20% off, free shipping and no sales tax! Isn't America great. And the wind deflectors work as designed.
    Same here…. Only I am waiting on the first 3000 mile service to let the dealer put them on for me….coming up PDQ!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

If it's BRP bike related parts, I use Cheapcycle.com, and let them fight with BRP! There fast and never let me down, unless the parts are just not out there to get!!! For farkling I use most of the wonderful sponsors we have onsite, and a few more I have dug up online from the good people from our SL family!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

https://www.brppartspitstop.com/

Since I bought my 2010 RT I have been using this dealer. Everything thing has been quick even when the didn’t have the parts in stock. My only complaint with BRP they won’t drop ship from the warehouse.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Same here…. Only I am waiting on the first 3000 mile service to let the dealer put them on for me….coming up PDQ!
    Exactly the same here. I hit 3K miles on my return trip from the Hot Springs rally, called my local dealer to set appointment for break in service and they didn’t have an opening until July 28th (seems to be the way of the world right now), so I’m going to do the oil change myself and install the wind deflectors while I’m at it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    Here's what I don't 'get' with that. Can-Am shouldn't have to 'search' for inventory. Aren't they the manufacturer who supplies their dealer network? Beyond that, they're selling that inventory on their website like a retailer. If you follow through with their search rhetoric, then they are selling stuff that they may not even have available. Aren't there laws against such practices? All the inventory in the dealer network should be sitting in a database. That's the search. But they make it sound like they're sending messengers out by land, sea and air in search of inventory. That's what I don't 'get.'

What Peter wrote sounds pretty much spot on based on my experience. I want to purchase their stuff and I'm not asking for Amazon Prime speed but a week with no movement isn't acceptable either. I may end up chancing it since the item is on summer sale now.
    Like most vehicle manufacturers these days Can Am doesn't manufacture these accessories and has no inventory in stock. This stuff and a huge portion of the parts on your bike are made by vendors that Can Am outsources to. Most vehicle factories these days are little more than assembly points where all of the outsourced parts are shipped for assembly of the vehicle. The truck plant where I worked actually manufactured VERY few parts onsite, most were shipped from vendors. Another point is that these factories don't stock or keep parts in inventory mostly for tax reasons. We received most of our parts on the same day they were to be installed on new trucks. Often just an hour or so before the part was needed. This was called JIT (Just In Time) delivery. When we test mechanics and QA guys had to deal with a part shortages almost on a daily basis we called it "Just Isn't There" delivery. Snowstorm? Our deliveries are late. Crash on the highway? Our deliveries are late. You can jerk the manufacturers chain all you want, but that isn't going to get you a part or accessory that they don't nor never have kept in stock. More and more we are dealing with a vendor and a dealer for what we need. We would all love to find that big place where endless inventory is kept and we get a part on a moments notice. Unfortunately those places don't exist much these days. It costs money to keep inventory. This cost would be passed on to us by raising the price of the vehicle. The manufacturer doesn't want that and we certainly don't want that. It's all about the $$$ ALWAYS.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

What they say about BRP having a dealer do the shipping. Last bought a Cannonball seat for my new 19 F3. Got it in less than five days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I ordered two items from BRP Canada a few weeks ago. I live in British Columbia, and the parts came from Quebec. I got one item correctly, but the second item was for a Ryker, not my Spyder. I phone Can Am customer support and a short hold and got a knowledgeable representative. He transferred me over to the on-line department and after close to an hour, got a return label for the incorrect part, and an hour or so later, got notification from Canada Post of a parcel being shipped to me. So far so good, just hope no hitches with the correct part.

Rick

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am still waiting on the Passenger Seat Kit that was ordered back in February when I bought the bike. Nothing but silence from BRP. Last promised date from the dealer was April 28th.

Doesn't matter now anyway as it looks like I will be missing riding season as I had an accident and now I am waiting on replacement parts to get back on the road. I am keeping track of that progress in a separate thread. Just search for CloverCrawler is down.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Question waiting

Ordered my new coolant pump/thermostat last week from the local dealer. Supposed to be here today------------- we'll see. has been up on stands and disassembled awaiting surgery..............
    Last edited by Lew L; 06-23-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: speeling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Ordered my new coolant pump/thermostat last week from the local dealer. Supposed to be here today------------- we'll see. has been up on stands and disassembled awaiting surgery..............
    And it did
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I paid for my Shad saddlebags, but did not receive them. Invoice for parts was from a dealer in Quebec, and showed both the saddlebags and rack. I got the rack, but not the saddlebags, but paid for both. It appears that BRP uses a company named Kibo.com to fulfill orders from the website. I have had daily discussions with Can-Am and/or Kibo and still have not received a refund for the saddlebags, or found out if any dealers have them in inventory. I really want the saddlebags, as not much point having the racks, and not the saddlebags. I would be reluctant to order from BRP online unless items were available.

Rick

Spyder Garage

Received a call from BRP this morning. Dealer who sent me the wrong part has received the returned package. Meanwhile they had ordered the correct part (saddlebags) from BRP warehouse, and dealer is shipping to me today. In speaking with BRP it appears that dealers fulfill the orders from BRP on-line. Most of the market for BRP on road is in Ontario and Quebec, and those dealers are most often the one's that respond to orders. If the dealer does not have it, they then deal with BRP directly. BRP has warehouses both in Canada and the US. I advised that some folks are awaiting for parts, like the passenger seat for the F3 and she advised that they are well aware of it.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickWB View Post
    Received a call from BRP this morning. Dealer who sent me the wrong part has received the returned package. Meanwhile they had ordered the correct part (saddlebags) from BRP warehouse, and dealer is shipping to me today. In speaking with BRP it appears that dealers fulfill the orders from BRP on-line. Most of the market for BRP on road is in Ontario and Quebec, and those dealers are most often the one's that respond to orders. If the dealer does not have it, they then deal with BRP directly. BRP has warehouses both in Canada and the US. I advised that some folks are awaiting for parts, like the passenger seat for the F3 and she advised that they are well aware of it.
    I find this funny that they are aware of it but yet when I visited the dealer 2 weeks ago here in Northern Virginia there were stacks of crates on the lot with new spyders and rykers in them and when you go in the showroom...there is an F3 with a passenger seat on it. So my wife hopped up on it so we could see what it would be like if both of us could ride together finally. I am just so underwhelmed with BRP customer relations at this point. They sure like to get you on the hook and once you are on they just leave you hanging.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

My Shad saddlebags arrived today. They were shipped from the dealer in Quebec who previously shipped the saddlebag mounts. The bags arrived earlier than I expected.

Rick

Spyder Garage

I’m still waiting for a seat I ordered 12 weeks ago!