Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Here is Arizona just about everyone does the biker wave. Does not seem to matter what you are riding! And there are a lot of bikes out on the road!
    I second that. Been riding scoots and bikes here for quite a while. Never got what the OP calls a sissy wave. We just drop the left hand and say "Howdy, Pardner". Works a treat.
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Spyder Garage

I usually try to wave but there have been times that I just was not thinking about waving and the rider went past before I could even think about it. As for the type of wave, (I personally) do not care what kind of wave they do or do not do. In the scheme of life (for me) they are not going to change the outcome of my ride or day. If they want to do a different wave, if they give me the finger (never had that one), if they do not wave, etc. I am good. I honestly have never thought about others on two wheels not waving. I have never met a two wheeled rider who talked about not waving at three wheeled riders. I know for the 40 years I rode I waved at all motorcycle riders no matter what they were riding (YES including mopeds and scooters). I did this because we were all enjoying a sport. What they ride is their choice and I respect that. Honestly many times when I waved at a scooter rider I was reminded of the many times I have watched the Tom Hanks movie "Larry Crowne" and the many times I have asked my wife for a scooter after watching the movie.

In the end, its a personal choice
    Have a great day
    John

Spyder Garage

I will be 72 years old in 9 days , and I have rode 2 wheelers since I was in my Teens , in the late 60's even out here in the East Tn. Mountains , there was a few Hippie's , riding self built BSA & Triumph Choppers , me and my folks was poor as dirt , so I was riding old wore out bikes like Sear's Allstate , and 90cc Honda . but I used to watch Older Men and Hippie's give this sign to each other that they called , ( Brother's in Arm's ) and I thought it was a very Manly Greeting . Left Arm bent Half Way at Elbow , Fist Closed Tight at Shoulder Hight in the Air. ... but I worked for many years night and day at times , very little time to ride . then by the time I was Retired and able to spend some time riding . that seemed to not been cool anymore , sooo , I kinda let go of that memory , and Now I own a Spyder RT , there are not many around here really , but there are a few and I give 2 wheeler's the 2 fingers down, as ( keep 2 wheels on the ground } and I give Spyder riders , 3 fingers down . and I love it when I get a return , but I'm ok even if I don't
    2011 RTS Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    I will be 72 years old in 9 days , and I have rode 2 wheelers since I was in my Teens , in the late 60's even out here in the East Tn. Mountains , there was a few Hippie's , riding self built BSA & Triumph Choppers , me and my folks was poor as dirt , so I was riding old wore out bikes like Sear's Allstate , and 90cc Honda . but I used to watch Older Men and Hippie's give this sign to each other that they called , ( Brother's in Arm's ) and I thought it was a very Manly Greeting . Left Arm bent Half Way at Elbow , Fist Closed Tight at Shoulder Hight in the Air. ... but I worked for many years night and day at times , very little time to ride . then by the time I was Retired and able to spend some time riding . that seemed to not been cool anymore , sooo , I kinda let go of that memory , and Now I own a Spyder RT , there are not many around here really , but there are a few and I give 2 wheeler's the 2 fingers down, as ( keep 2 wheels on the ground } and I give Spyder riders , 3 fingers down . and I love it when I get a return , but I'm ok even if I don't
    I am 73 years old and been riding since before my teens. I never cared if anybody waved and still don't. I wave if there is not many bikes out, but if the oncoming lane is full of bikes, after bikes, after bikes. I don't bother with it. Waving is OK, but no sense having to wave constantly. Florida roads are often full of bikes. Constant waving is a distraction from watching the road, for dead possums, armadillos, large turtles, rubber alligators, and other road hazards.

Smells so bad when you run through fresh road kill that was just hit by 3 or 4 tractor / trailers and it gets baked on the front of your engine.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Some folks are just too sensitive for their own good. Just enjoy the ride. Why would anyone care if strangers return a wave or not? Those that tell you that you are not a "real" motorcyclist because you ride a 3 wheeler are probably the type of faux rider who goes from home to a bar, parts his bike for hours while he drinks, then rides the mile or two home. He probably has never ridden other than a certain brand of bike because he only rides for the attention it gets him, making his sad life a little better for a moment. The funny part is that the HD rider who is dismissive of Can Am riders probably is just fine with those riding HD trikes or bikes with sidecars, which also have three wheels.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I definitely get more waves riding my Triumph. And when I don't get waves on my Spyder I do get bummed...but then I remember how clickish, judgy, and annoying the average American is and I'm amazed we can actually just stand being on the same road together!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
    I definitely get more waves riding my Triumph. And when I don't get waves on my Spyder I do get bummed...but then I remember how clickish, judgy, and annoying the average American is and I'm amazed we can actually just stand being on the same road together!
    Ever hear of "Road Rage" LOL

Spyder Garage

WHo cares my lord

IMG_0607.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-02-2023 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

My God, people are so tender. When I'm in my car I wave at people I know. Same on the Harley or the Spyder. Why would I wave at a stranger? Because we're some awesome group that are better than the "cagers" because we ride? Bikers/trikers are not that special. Get over yourself.

Spyder Garage

Let's keep the site "family friendly."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-02-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When I ride I leave the waving to my wife . If she is not on the bike I have no set way of waving Unless the bike going past has an American flag then I’ll salute .