Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    July 21, 2021

I have just over 2,000 miles on my 2021 Sea to Sky. I use 91 octance and the ECO mode. My average is about 40 mpg. I haven't used the standard mode since I bought it a month ago.
    Same here… build date was February 2021. Finally am coming up on the 3000 mile first maintenance mark… appointment is next week.
    I am so happy with this mpg as compared to my Gold Wing GL 1800 trike of 28-32 mpg.
    I did ride one tank of gas in standard mode and found the throttle response to be really quick but failed to observe mpg… although I know it used more fuel…but didn’t seem like it took too much more.
    We have had lots and lots of rain here. The weatherheads say in a couple of days we will return to typical Texas weather…
    HOT and dry… oh boy, can hardly wait!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

As a new Spyder owner I have put about 900 miles so far on my 3 week old 2021 RT. I always have it in ECO mode, and have tried to shift when the orange arrow lights up (I assume older model years had a green arrow from the comments here). Mostly I am finding that I get about 33 mpg. On a group ride, riding solo, and at the very modest pace the group was traveling (mostly Honda Goldwing trikes), I got 38 mpg. But the rest of my riding, mostly two up but not aggressive or with much at speeds over 70, the 32 or 33 mpg seems pretty consistent. I didn't buy the Spyder for its gas efficiency, but I was a bit surprised at the low mpg. The Spyder weighs about the same as the Goldwing that I just traded in, but the Goldwing's engine was significantly larger (1832cc vs 1330). Yet the Goldwing gave me 37 to 39 mpg regardless of how I rode it, and regardless of whether I was riding solo or two up. Still, having the ability to easily go 200 miles between fill ups is more than acceptable to me.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    As a new Spyder owner I have put about 900 miles so far on my 3 week old 2021 RT. I always have it in ECO mode, and have tried to shift when the orange arrow lights up (I assume older model years had a green arrow from the comments here). Mostly I am finding that I get about 33 mpg. On a group ride, riding solo, and at the very modest pace the group was traveling (mostly Honda Goldwing trikes), I got 38 mpg. But the rest of my riding, mostly two up but not aggressive or with much at speeds over 70, the 32 or 33 mpg seems pretty consistent. I didn't buy the Spyder for its gas efficiency, but I was a bit surprised at the low mpg. The Spyder weighs about the same as the Goldwing that I just traded in, but the Goldwing's engine was significantly larger (1832cc vs 1330). Yet the Goldwing gave me 37 to 39 mpg regardless of how I rode it, and regardless of whether I was riding solo or two up. Still, having the ability to easily go 200 miles between fill ups is more than acceptable to me.
    Here's a few things to consider .... #1.- the RT has a much larger frontal area, that isn't very aerodynamic .... #2.- the Spyder has way more tire contact patch. #3.- As you acquire more mileage the engine will loosen up and increase your MPG's ..... I have a 14 RT and in the beginning I was only getting 33-34 mpg .... now I avg. 39 mpg and I ride aggressively in the " twistie's " ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Man, I am averaging 31.2 over my first 1600 miles. 40 sounds really nice

Spyder Garage

Average 45 imperial mpg for first 2,000 km on my F3. I followed break-in procedure for first 1,000 km and operating more spirited since then. I have been using 91 octane fuel.

Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to my thread here from 4 years ago to see just how much of a fallacy it is to discuss mpg over anything less than many thousands of miles.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ium-vs-Regular
    The poll focuses on premium vs regular but that is irrelevant as far as tank to tank or week to week mpg comparison. There were a lot of interesting comments made in the thread.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    My Subaru Outback will go 500 miles on a tank of gas. More than enough for most days rides. I fill mine about once a month these days. 2017 with 28,000 miles on it.
    You must have the four cylinder. I have the same year, but the 3.6. MPG is pretty good, considering its a six and has good power. I can get close to 450 out of a tank on a trip. Best mileage I can get is about 28; typically I get 25 (75 mile round trip commute on 55-mph state and county highways).
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by knobby View Post
    We just finished our first 'long' trip to Maggie Valley/Cherokee (1400 miles round trip) on our new '21 RTL. The trip computer calculates MPG for trip A, B, & Total (not sure if all RT's had this feature but our previous RS-S and ST Limited did not). We are currently at a total of 2400 on the odometer and the average MPG shows an incredibly low 24 MPG! The last leg of our journey yesterday was 190 miles and the computer shows 39 MPG for that tank of gas. The wife rides solo in ECO mode and I'm on my 2 wheeler and we generally avoid freeways and stick to secondary roads when possible. We were 20 miles from home yesterday and the computer reported 50 miles to empty. The tank gauge soon reported "low fuel" and then within a few minutes the "50 miles to empty" disappeared and was replaced by a series of dashes?? We were kind of panicked but decided to press on and made it into our town and stopped at the local BP and the Spyder took 5.5 gallons. I just checked our operators manual and it states the tank capacity is 7 gallons!! Looks like the "miles to empty" may be pretty accurate but it's quite weird that it disappeared when you need it most!
    I had a similar situation last week on a trip. Had a long stretch coming across southern Idaho with few gas stations. The fuel light came on and I was thinking I could make it to my destination. It had 50 miles I think and as the range went down the same dashes appeared. Turns out I had just passed a tiny rural store that had one gas pump. It freaked me out that the range disappeared so I turned around and put in a gallon of the 85.5 octane gas and that got me into Salmom where I filled up. It probably would have made it but the fact the range doesn’t go to zero before it disappeared is very concerning.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

For years....I've annoyed my fellow Sturgis riding buddies at the gas stations....with my MPG OCD......whatever i was riding Yamaha Honda Victory CAN AM...I had to know MPG ..yeah OCD......I'd shout out to the fellows "how many gallons you put in?" then I'd calculate everyone's results ....I was always last to pull out and start riding...lol they always put up with my nonsense just as I have their's ...watching them buy the perfect T SHIRT to acknowledge their trek to the Holy Land...Now my wife has the 1330 and me I have my gas guzzling 998 and she has to listen to my nonsense with our local rides at the pump.....she always wins with better MPG....."It's obvious I'm a better driver" she giggles ...But LOL this year....I'm taking her 1330 to STURGIS......and I'm still going annoy my buddies at the pump and I still have to sit thru hours of Tshirt BS while nursing a cold one and calculating my MPG #s........Thank God I have a purpose!!!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Fun post. To shift or not shift, when is the question lol

Spyder Garage

August 12, 2021

My Spyder Sea to Sky gets about 36 mpg with ECO mode. I haven't even used the sport mode. I do local driving and highway at 50 mph mostly. I also do some on RT295 around 65 mph.

Spyder Garage

Please share where you got the information on ECO mode wherein it consist of more than showing arrows on when to shift. So it changes fuel/air mixture and timing? Just want to see the support. Would not a stage 1 or ii tune eliminate those claimed ECO mode benefits altogether?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Eco mode still works with stage II. I run Eco 90% of the time and at 60 mph I'm getting 40mpg. When I need it and want it I can jump out of Eco, turn up the wick, and have more power than I need to get gone. More power costs $$$$ in more ways than one. So I ride conservatively to keep wearables and fuel within reason. I do like to get on it now and then because it is a blast to ride.

Spyder Garage

Last trip in October to the New England states set in the normal mode got 38 mpg overall driving in all kinds of conditions and roads. This is with a 2022 F3L Special using regular unleaded fuel. Have a 19" aftermarket windscreen, 20 psi front, 25 psi rear and riding solo. About 2800 mile five day run.

Spyder Garage

I don't run in ECO need all the power it has, do a lot of mountain riding.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-21-2023 at 06:21 PM.
    2016 RT Limited Orbital Blue. Ultimate seat
    Bajaron swaybar,PV3 with BLR custom Tune
    Farrod front car tires p165/65/15
    Led headlights and fog lights
    Showchrome windshield.
    Two Brothers Muffler and cat delete pipe.

Spyder Garage

Have a 21 Legacy XT and typically get around 32mpg or a little more if I stay off the freeway. Just about 3 mpg less than my Spyder on highway. On the freeway the Spyder gets less than the Subie.

IMG_0134.jpg
    Last edited by rjinaz86323; 12-21-2023 at 11:45 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .