Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone installed the LED floorboards on a 20-21 RT?

I purchased the Floorboard LED kit and it seems lie its a fairly involved setup. Anybody tackled this project have some pointers?
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Slingmods version or OEM? Neither seem to be very involved just time consuming.

Spyder Garage

I installed the OEM ones. I like them a lot. I love products from Slingmods, but "stick on" LEDs didn't seem as reliable to me. The job is not hard, just time consuming. There are a lot of panels to remove. The floorboards come off easily and you'll need to put the bike on ramps or a lift to make getting under it to run the wires. I had my RT on ramps and it worked just fine. I really like the end result.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I installed them on my S2S. wasnt to bad. I lucked out with long arms and was able to route the wires under the bike without the ramp but man it would have helped. I did not remove the rear right pannel where you mount the controll module, i was able to get the tiewrap tight without removing it. The only issue i had was power, the plug on the bike and on the floor boards are backwards. Apperently this is the same plug as the gps power and a issue on some bikes. so test before you button it back up. to fix this i swapped the wires on the floorboards at the connector, this is deffinatly a pain if you have never played with wiring harness connectors before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tomknotts View Post
    I installed them on my S2S. wasnt to bad. I lucked out with long arms and was able to route the wires under the bike without the ramp but man it would have helped. I did not remove the rear right pannel where you mount the controll module, i was able to get the tiewrap tight without removing it. The only issue i had was power, the plug on the bike and on the floor boards are backwards. Apperently this is the same plug as the gps power and a issue on some bikes. so test before you button it back up. to fix this i swapped the wires on the floorboards at the connector, this is deffinatly a pain if you have never played with wiring harness connectors before.
    For early production 2021, the GPS plug had reversed polarity. This was quickly identified and many manufactures provided a "reversal" wire to correct the polarity. I have a later model 2021, so my wires are fine. Here's the funny thing - I installed a SlingMods lightbar - and it didn't work! I called them (they were very responsive) and they told me they thought the "reversal" was a permanent decision, so the light bar was created to accommodate the original factory error. Which means it doesn't work on a properly wired bike. So I had to use a reversal wire to reverse my correct wires, lol. Then it worked fine.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Really appreciate your info. i was reading the directions... and thats just what i thought. Time consuming!
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S