Thread: New to the RT

Spyder Garage

Default New to the RT

Good morning,

I am new to the 2019 model RT. I had a 2015 RT-S and traded it in for a 2017 F3 Limited. We are trading in tomorrow for the 2019 RT. I was told there isnt an RT-S any longer so i was wondering what is the major differences in the RT and RT Limited? I did see the RT has pegs and not boards. I was also going to look at LEDs and floorboards and noticed that the shopping for parts that a lot of the places I bought for the 2015 are not coming up any longer. Is Lamonster's the main place now? I tried to find LEDs for the reflectors and only found one site so far for those. (Slingmods?)

Jeff

2017 Can Am Spyder F3-Limited

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Previous 2015 Can Am Spyder RT-SE6

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you are getting a 2019 base RT, they would only have pegs. I would look into the Web boards that are for sale here on the site. They are pink, but can easily be painted or powdercoated to any color that you like. As for the rest of the mods, they would be pretty much the same as you had for your 2015. The lack of fog lights and manual air suspension would be the main difference.
    I am curious as to why you went from a 2015 RTS, to a 2017 F3 Limited, to only go back to a 2019 RT? They first and later will be pretty much the same. Were you dissatisfied with the 2015 for other reasons? If I was out to try something different, I would check out the 2020+ RT or RT Limited. The options appear to be more neutral. That is unless you are able to get a killer deal on a 2019 RT. But then each person has their own preferences, I was only throwing it out there. Good luck with your new ride.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The main differences between the RT-S and the RT-L is the level of extra bling. You pay about $2K more. But if added later to "upgrade" your RT-S, it will cost a bit more. Same engine, size, specs, etc. Just an improved "bling" level.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The F3 was appealing at first but without all the tupperware it rides a lot hotter than the RT so my wife has never really liked the F3. Hindsight. We do not like the way the plastics are on the F# which is what they are on the 2020 models and newer. We like the older style. More room and felt sturdier. Can you add foglights?

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount

Spyder Garage

The problem I am having is finding out what all the extra bling is since it is a 2019 model.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jephillips44 View Post
    The problem I am having is finding out what all the extra bling is since it is a 2019 model.
    Chrome trim package and wheels for a couple of things.

Mine's a 2020 so it would be different than the 2019
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The F3 was appealing at first but without all the tupperware it rides a lot hotter than the RT so my wife has never really liked the F3. Hindsight. We do not like the way the plastics are on the F# which is what they are on the 2020 models and newer. We like the older style. More room and felt sturdier. Can you add foglights?
    Yes, you can add fog lights to the base RT. My first spyder was a 2014 RT SM6. I added the fog lights and the Web board floor boards, along with the heel toe shifter. Great bike, but I just never liked the permanent trunk on the rear.

Spyder Garage

Are the fog lights plug and play or do you have to splice? I'm trying to find decent led lights to replace the reflectors. I've don't that to both models that I've had. I'm not a fan of the spider web boards

Spyder Garage

Are the fog lights plug and play or do you have to splice? I'm trying to find decent led lights to replace the reflectors. I've don't that to both models that I've had. I'm not a fan of the spider web boards
    They are pretty much plug and play, but I actually had the dealership install mine as I did not want to deal with taking off any of the plastic. I wish I could post pictures, but for some reason, I cannot due to the photo size.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    They are pretty much plug and play, but I actually had the dealership install mine as I did not want to deal with taking off any of the plastic. I wish I could post pictures, but for some reason, I cannot due to the photo size.
    Try using the 'Manage attachments' feature under the text box when you select 'Go advanced' in 'Reply to Thread'.... 'Insert Image' expects you to do all the image re-sizing yourself, before you try to insert the image in a post; while 'Manage attachments' will generally take care of most of that sorta stuff for you, but you do hafta upload the file to this site!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

They are completely plug n' play. I had a 2014 base model RT and added the fog lights. Same bike as the 2019. The BRP fog light kit comes with the lights and the switch. The wiring harness is already set up for plugging in the kit. Mounting the kit is a total PITA, but completely doable for anyone at home whose familiar with wrenching.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Well we got to the dealership and they sold both the 2019s. The wife wasn't happy at all with the F3 so we traded up to the 2021 RT Limited in the metallic blue. Plastics are a lot better than the F3 with the exception of the front fenders. I pushed on them and was shocked how flimsy they are but I can live with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images