Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else had bad experiences with Dennis Kirk?

I don't know if this should be on this thread, Admins you folks can delete if necessary.

I had ordered a Uclear Motion 6 Bluetooth communicator on 9/11/22 from DennisKirk.com. I received the Uclear Motion 6 Bluetooth communicator today. When I opened up the box, the USB cable & the speaker wires fit loosely in the communicator and the communicator did not hold a charge. I threw the packing slip thinking the above would work. I just want to do a return.

So I called Dennis Kirk customer care # & explained the situation, they transferred me to another department so I could get another packing slip for the above. The other department said to me I would have to call UClear direct to deal with the warranty.

I am not dealing with Dennis Kirk again because they & I am not happy with them.

All I wanted to do was do a simple return. In previous years (pre pandemic) if I bought something the store would let me return it. Now the pandemic is here I am wondering if Dennis Kirk is sending out bad .

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Dennis Kirk?
    End of rant!!!!!

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Changed Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Sorry, just couldn't resist, WHOOOOO is Dennis Kirk? Just kidding, but I definitely feel my age reading your rant.. Used to buy from them back in the '80's for my sport bikes....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have bought a few items over the years. Never had an issue where I had to return anything. I would suggest trying one more time to make a return directly back to them. Sorry you tossed the packing list. I would start from scratch and try one more time before dealing directly with UClear.

Let us know what happens.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Sorry, just couldn't resist, WHOOOOO is Dennis Kirk? Just kidding, but I definitely feel my age reading your rant.. Used to buy from them back in the '80's for my sport bikes....
    Back in the 90's my significant other at the time, use to buy from Dennis Kirk.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I have bought a few items over the years. Never had an issue where I had to return anything. I would suggest trying one more time to make a return directly back to them. Sorry you tossed the packing list. I would start from scratch and try one more time before dealing directly with UClear.

Let us know what happens.
    I called UClear and left a message, they probably wont call me back!

If they don't I'll buy else where.

I'll everyone know what happens.

Stay tuned!
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

I dunno anything about Dennis Kirk, never heard of 'em here in Oz, but some time after I'd upgraded our older & quite tired UClear helmet intercoms to the Motion 6 Boomless Helmet Comms, while we were well away from home, the little dual plug USB charger that charges both units at the same time failed in a father spectacular manner. Called the dealer who'd supplied them just to give them a heads up that there might be an issue with that bit of kit, and certainly not expecting them to do anything then & there, but they took what little detail of our purchase I had with me & then they said they'd get back to me. No worries, I'd already sorted another charger to do the job for the next 6 weeks or so til we got home, but later that arvo I got a very helpful call from the UClear Head office here in Oz asking where I wanted them to o/nite courier the replacement kit to meet us.... and the next morning, miles from the nearest city/major centre of asnything, a complete new Motion6 Dual Pack kit arrived at our door in the small country pub waaay out in the bush where we'd stayed that night!! No charge, no fuss, and well above & beyond what was expected! So as a result of this & the way the Motion6 gear performs, I'm even more impressed with UClear Comms than I was before!

So for my 2 bob's worth, I'd definitely be contacting UClear direct! You might not get quite the same response as I did but if my experience is anything to go by, they should help; PLUS, you'll get a chance to tell them how Dennis Kirk is harming their reputation & sales!!

Mind you, I have dealt with a few & heard of a lot more places that just aren't taking any returns because of the perceived risk of spreading infection - so Dennis Kirk might be doing the same, and simply not handling/accepting any returns cos they think they might be infected (never heard of disinfectant spray I guess?!? ) Still, most I've had any dealings with/heard about here in Oz have just eaten the cost & said you keep the faulty one, here's a replacement.....

Anyhow, I see you've started to talk direct with UClear. Good, I hope they look after you - they certainly do here in Oz, so with any luck, you might be surprised.... Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 06:49 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I’d think if you paid with credit card or PayPal you’d have the receipt and date that could say if it’s within 30 days. They’d have to honor it. It’s been a while since I dealt with them, but I always got a confirmation email from them and that should be proof enough. PayPal you should be able to print out the bill. Sorry to hear about the uclear. Not sure on the warranty and how long they honor it. That’s all we use with the sleds. Sena for the spyders. I’ve had them since 2014. I have the old 20’s and they are flawless especially with the new bass boom speakers that came out 2 years ago.. I do have to say good luck on contacting them though. I had to once and it took forever. Needed to call, then I tried email got a confirmation number, had to do that several times. Everything was automated back then.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno anything about Dennis Kirk, never heard of 'em here in Oz, but some time after I'd upgraded our older & quite tired UClear helmet intercoms to the Motion 6 Boomless Helmet Comms, while we were well away from home, the little dual plug USB charger that charges both units at the same time failed in a father spectacular manner. Called the dealer who'd supplied them just to give them a heads up that there might be an issue with that bit of kit, and certainly not expecting them to do anything then & there, but they took what little detail of our purchase I had with me & then they said they'd get back to me. No worries, I'd already sorted another charger to do the job for the next 6 weeks or so til we got home, but later that arvo I got a very helpful call from the UClear Head office here in Oz asking where I wanted them to o/nite courier the replacement kit to meet us.... and the next morning, miles from the nearest city/major centre of asnything, a complete new Motion6 Dual Pack kit arrived at our door in the small country pub waaay out in the bush where we'd stayed that night!! No charge, no fuss, and well above & beyond what was expected! So as a result of this & the way the Motion6 gear performs, I'm even more impressed with UClear Comms than I was before!

So for my 2 bob's worth, I'd definitely be contacting UClear direct! You might not get quite the same response as I did but if my experience is anything to go by, they should help; PLUS, you'll get a chance to tell them how Dennis Kirk is harming their reputation & sales!!

Mind you, I have dealt with a few & heard of a lot more places that just aren't taking any returns because of the perceived risk of spreading infection - so Dennis Kirk might be doing the same, and simply not handling/accepting any returns cos they think they might be infected (never heard of disinfectant spray I guess?!? ) Still, most I've had any dealings with/heard about here in Oz have just eaten the cost & said you keep the faulty one, here's a replacement.....

Anyhow, I see you've started to talk direct with UClear. Good, I hope they look after you - they certainly do here in Oz, so with any luck, you might be surprised.... Just Sayin'
    Peter Aawen,

I'll give UClear a call tomorrow( 9/16th/2022) and I'll post on this thread the results.

Thanks for the info.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I’d think if you paid with credit card or PayPal you’d have the receipt and date that could say if it’s within 30 days. They’d have to honor it. It’s been a while since I dealt with them, but I always got a confirmation email from them and that should be proof enough. PayPal you should be able to print out the bill. Sorry to hear about the uclear. Not sure on the warranty and how long they honor it. That’s all we use with the sleds. Sena for the spyders. I’ve had them since 2014. I have the old 20’s and they are flawless especially with the new bass boom speakers that came out 2 years ago.. I do have to say good luck on contacting them though. I had to once and it took forever. Needed to call, then I tried email got a confirmation number, had to do that several times. Everything was automated back then.
    I paid with a Credit Card,and bought the UClear on 9/11, on the Dennis Kirk Website. I got the UClear Motion 6 Communicator today( 9/15/2022). I also got a confirmation email with the tracking number and the price I paid for it and etc. I 'll keep everyone posted when I can.

More info to follow on this thread.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Haven't purchased from them in a while.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Haven't purchased from them in a while.
    I'll be using the UClear motion 6 communicator on the spyder helmet.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can buy with confidence with our No-Hassle 90-day Return Policy

This is posted on there web site. Dennis Kirk

Send it back. You should have an electronic receipt for the item.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Back when I had a few snowmobiles I bought quite a bit of items from Dennis Kirk ..... I never had any issues .... Great service and quality products .... Dennis Kirk is not a sponsor or vendor on this site. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Back when I had a few snowmobiles I bought quite a bit of items from Dennis Kirk ..... I never had any issues .... Great service and quality products .... Dennis Kirk is not a sponsor or vendor on this site. ..... Mike
    Agree, not that I bought sled stuff, but rather never had issues with Dennis Kirk mail order. Even have been to their location and bought stuff.

I suspect there is a lot more to this that is not being told.
    Besides, if the UClear is defective, why bash Dennis Kirk, just because they will not allow a return on an electronic item? UClear is the one responsible to supply a correctly working item within the warranty timeframe.

Had the UClear been unopened and resalable, that differs a bit from the item being opened, having issues, and being electronics.
    Your words bashing Dennis Kirk are powerful and damaging, I certainly hope all the facts and details were posted.

Very likely UClear should be complained about, especially if they do not honor the warranty, which seems unlikely based on what has been posted by others.
    Last edited by PMK; 09-16-2022 at 04:55 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After reading the Dennis Kirk Policy more it , sounds like you need to have everything there to send back. If you threw away the box then thats you fault.

If you have everything that came with the device you can send it back.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund. Authorization is not needed, however, a call to our Customer Service Department 800-969-7501 or Technical Support Department may help you avoid an unnecessary return. Technical Support can be reached at the following phone numbers:

Snowmobile: 320-358-3409
    Harley: 320-358-1914
    Metric: 320-358-1915
    Off Road: 320-358-3831
    Please do not return goods to us C.O.D. Instead, you may use our quick and easy return process. Simply complete your Merchandise Return Form and enclose it with the items you wish to return in a secure package, apply the Authorized Return Label (ARS Label) to the package and take the package to any UPS Store®, Customer Center, Shipping Outlet, Drop Box or give it to any UPS driver. Keep the tracking number strip located on the lower portion of the ARS/Return Label for reference when tracking your package.

Spyder Garage

I've purchased a few things from Dennis Kirk. I never needed to return anything so I can't speak to that aspect. But I've always considered them to be a good source. Things change. I'm hoping that is not the case here.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

It has been years since I used Dennis Kirk, but I still get their e-mails. I don't recall any issues with them, but it has been a few years, LOL.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

What am I missing here? If you purchased with a credit card, call the CC company and stop payment. You have a valid reason to retiurn the item and the CC company can wield it's power for you.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used to buy a lot of stuff from them when I had my Suzuki M109. Nothing purchased in over 5 years now from them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    You can buy with confidence with our No-Hassle 90-day Return Policy

This is posted on there web site. Dennis Kirk

Send it back. You should have an electronic receipt for the item.
    I do have the electronic receipt for the item. I am not happy with DENNIS KIRK!!!!!!!

I was playing phone tag with Dennis Kirk and UClear.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I am not happy with Dennis Kirk and I am not using Dennis Kirk again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    After reading the Dennis Kirk Policy more it , sounds like you need to have everything there to send back. If you threw away the box then thats you fault.

If you have everything that came with the device you can send it back.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund. Authorization is not needed, however, a call to our Customer Service Department 800-969-7501 or Technical Support Department may help you avoid an unnecessary return. Technical Support can be reached at the following phone numbers:

Snowmobile: 320-358-3409
    Harley: 320-358-1914
    Metric: 320-358-1915
    Off Road: 320-358-3831
    Please do not return goods to us C.O.D. Instead, you may use our quick and easy return process. Simply complete your Merchandise Return Form and enclose it with the items you wish to return in a secure package, apply the Authorized Return Label (ARS Label) to the package and take the package to any UPS Store®, Customer Center, Shipping Outlet, Drop Box or give it to any UPS driver. Keep the tracking number strip located on the lower portion of the ARS/Return Label for reference when tracking your package.
    Trikermuth,

I saved the box ( Card board box that the unit came in, and I have the original red small box that the unit came in).

I did call the Customer service number and and DENNIS KIRK Said "NO". I am not dealing with DENNIS KIRK AGAIN Very bad customer Service.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I do have the electronic receipt for the item. I am not happy with DENNIS KIRK!!!!!!!

I was playing phone tag with Dennis Kirk and UClear.

Deanna

Ok what are we missing here?

If you have all the packaging , pack it up and send it back. It is clearly stated on there web site that there is a 90 day no hassle return policy.

Did you throw away the return label too? If so you can still send it back as long as all packaging is with the item you bought.

I never had any issues with Dennis Kirk when I shopped with them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I've purchased a few things from Dennis Kirk. I never needed to return anything so I can't speak to that aspect. But I've always considered them to be a good source. Things change. I'm hoping that is not the case here.
    BajaRon,

I am not happy with Dennis Kirk, Poorly Customer Service, I was playing phone tag with Dennis Kirk,and UClear.

I am better off dealing with Sena ( Motorcycle Dave on this site).

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Trikermuth,

I saved the box ( Card board box that the unit came in, and I have the original red small box that the unit came in).

I did call the Customer service number and and DENNIS KIRK Said "NO". I am not dealing with DENNIS KIRK AGAIN Very bad customer Service.

Deanna
    Was there a reason? I would send it back and then once they receive it call the credit card company and contest the charge if you followed all there rules.

Complete there form and send it back.

I still dont understand the reason why they won't take it back?
    Last edited by trikermutha; 09-16-2022 at 04:15 PM.