Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My 2021 S2S has a rocking stereo now!

I added a 400 watt Rockford Fosgate amplifier and bypassed the factory 20 watt per channel amp. I made my own wire harness and it is all plug-n-play. Now 1/4 volume is like being at a concert! Am I the only person to do this on the spyders with the new dash? Oh , and no more parasitic battery drain. Problem solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

.......... Yes you probably are ....... It's a shame BRP can't figure the audio issue out ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default You Da Man!

I knew of anyone could figure ot out, it'd be you.
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Spyder Garage

Radio repairs by Joel. lol

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Dang, I am still drooling over that beautiful green bike to even ponder music. Great idea! A perfect compliment. I am green with envy...

Spyder Garage

I'm fine with my '21 RTL FM volume, not the reception. I'm not fine with the Aux or Bluetooth volume. Had to jack the Bluetooth out volume on my phone to max (overriding Android's nanny) to get it acceptable, and the signal that I give the Aux (drove my GoldWing audio just fine) requires me to run the Spyder @ ~80-90% which causes distortion.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I added a 400 watt Rockford Fosgate amplifier and bypassed the factory 20 watt per channel amp. I made my own wire harness and it is all plug-n-play. Now 1/4 volume is like being at a concert! Am I the only person to do this on the spyders with the new dash? Oh , and no more parasitic battery drain. Problem solved.
    Cool!!! Did you replace the "dollar store" speakers? Spyder tinny loud speakers DOES NOT EQUAL GOOD TONE AND FIDELITY....

Spyder Garage

Aug 11, 2021

Where is the amplifier on the 2021 Sea to Sky. Mine was cutting in and out and now is out completely. The volume level indicator stays on.

Motogordo

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Aug 11, 2021

Where is the amplifier on the 2021 Sea to Sky. Mine was cutting in and out and now is out completely. The volume level indicator stays on.

Motogordo
    It is located in the left front above the suspension. Two bolts for removal are located behind panel under left headlight. Move the ECM out of the way and you can see the plugs on the amp. It will come out through the left side with some good maneuvering. No need to remove the frunk. You might need to replace the console harness. Simply replacing the amp didnt fix the problem on mine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually the factory speakers are very good quality and overbuilt with large magnets to provide durabilty. I bought some aftermarket speakers but returned them because the magnets were half the size of the stock ones. I can crank it up without fear of blowing them. Even if you bought very expensive speakers, you can only get so much sound out of 4" speaker s.

Spyder Garage

Nice job!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I'm ready when you are! LOL Road trip. Wife tells me to turn it off. Not enough quality sound for her. She's a music major. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Tango, your wife is a smart lady. I want quality speakers with decent bass range and good treble also. I know that the factory ones can be loud, but the fidelity isn't good. My Indian Chieftain had excellent system in it from factory. BRP can do a lot better for the money they cost!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: .

Spyder Garage

Actually the factory speakers are very good quality and overbuilt with large magnets to provide durabilty. I bought some aftermarket speakers but returned them because the magnets were half the size of the stock ones. I can crank it up without fear of blowing them. Even if you bought very expensive speakers, you can only get so much sound out of 4" speaker s.
    Would you by chance remember the ohm rating of the OEM speakers?
    Thanks in advance
    My rights don’t end where your feelings begin.

21 Sea To Sky

2 & 3 wheels

Caged

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

4 ohm

Spyder Garage

August 31, 2021

I am going to have the dealer check out the stereo system in a week or so. Does it take long to get to the amplifier and wire harness ? One of the mechanics said it takes a bit of time to get to everythng. Is this true ? Mine cuts in and out whenever it wants to. They feel it might be more of a harness problem than the amplifier, especially if the amp does work on its own many times. Thanks for your help Joel.

Spyder Garage

Sept 1 , 2021

Hey Joel, I was just wondering which panels you had to remove to get to the amplifier and the cable harnesses ? Did you have to remove the large top panel on the left side or some others just above the Frunk below the windshield ? Thank you for your help. The dealer did say " You were right about where the amp was located."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would suggest a problem with the console harness also. I can remove the factory amp in about 15 minutes. Pull off panel below headlights, remove left front corner panel. Remove the 3 screws holding the ECM. This allows you to see the plugs on the amp. Reach up through above the A arm and unplug the amp. Then remove the two 10mm bolts below the left headlight that hold the amp. Then maneuver it out through the wheelwell.

Spyder Garage

will the same amp setup work on a 2019 f3 Ltd ?

Spyder Garage

Sept 3, 2021

Thank you very much Joel for the information on getting to the amp and cables. The radio ran for hours yesterday and only cutoff for a minute or so. I noticed sometimes that when it goes off and then I accelerate, it goes back on. Go figure.

Spyder Garage

l Sept 12, 2021

Hey Joel,
    How long should it take the dealer to get to the amplifier and the audio cables to find my intermittent stereo volume going in and out and diagnosing the problem ?

Tnx. Motogordo Spyderman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

10 min or so

Spyder Garage

will it work ?

Spyder Garage

10 min or so
    I hope the factory amp is that easy to get to it n my wife's 2016 RTS. Planning on upgrading her amp as well. Will most likely swap speakers as well.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman280 View Post
    I hope the factory amp is that easy to get to it n my wife's 2016 RTS. Planning on upgrading her amp as well. Will most likely swap speakers as well.
    The radio is altogether different in the pre-2020, maybe pre-2018s RTs. There is no separate amp. Read BlueKnight's posts about upgrading speakers. He says the factory radio has plenty of power as is. Just need better speakers.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)