Spyder Garage

Default Where is the VIN Frame Stamp Location (not sticker) on 2020 F3-S?

Hi All,
    New Spyder owner trying to register in Calif. The verification inspector from DMV and myself were unable to find the VIN Frame Stamp .
    I will now have to go back when I can find the dang thing. Plenty of Vin # Stickers.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Prefix & title - this is a 'Where is?' question not a 'How To: DIY' guide. ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default VIN Frame Stamp Location (not sticker) on 2020 Spyder F3-S

Hiya,
    Need help finding the VIN FRAME STAMP on a 2020 Spyder F3-S.
    I see all the VIN Stickers, but the Calif DMV wants to see the Metal Frame Vin stamp.
    ACK!!!

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Look at pg 178 of your operator's guide for #2, the typical location on the right side. MY op guide said the same location but it was a b***h to see because the VIN was stamped onto the frame and then the frame was painted.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Since we have a thread about frames, if a frame is replaced due to an accident do they stamp it with the same VIN number or does the Spyder get a whole new VIN number?

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Don't really know about how they do it in your Country &/or State Clover, but here in Oz, the VIN is a unique identifier for the specific frame & the vehicle it makes up.... So if the frame gets replaced due to an accident & write off, then the Original VIN is recorded & forever after listed as such, no longer able to be registered &/or used in ANY State for anything but parts or scrap; and you get a new frame with a new VIN, even if you keep the same engine & running gear.

And I have reason to believe that this is in accordance with an International Treaty/Agreement intended to severely curtail the selling of wrecks & the 're-birthing' of vehicles in other States/Countries, so I'd guess that it applies at some level over your way too!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-17-2021 at 10:31 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Both 2013 RT SE5 ( that I rebuilt and replaced frames) did not have serial numbers stamped in the frame. This was also verified by dealer and BRP. The Serial is on the swing arm, left side. then there are paper tags behing the frunk and one on top of the frame under the rear luggage pack. You need to lift the pack up to see that one. had to take pics of them for state inspection while I had them apart. I do understand that other years did stamp the frame as mentioned.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

ANSWER: I went to Del Amo Motorsports in Long Beach... The 2020 Vim Frame Stamp is behind the right front wheel on a chrome plate pointed toward the outside.
    Thank you to all the dealer for assisting. Heading back to DMV to complete verification process.

Thank you Eddie at Del Amo.

Spyder Garage

Well, it was nice of BRP to wake up somewhere along the line and stamp it on a plate that is then attached to the frame like other motor vehicles.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

On page 134 in the operators manual. Yup right lower frame is where the stamp is.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Look at pg 178 of your operator's guide for #2, the typical location on the right side. MY op guide said the same location but it was a b***h to see because the VIN was stamped onto the frame and then the frame was painted.
    I'm going through the same issue with my 2015 F3S and my op manual identifies the same area. Is your Spyder and F3S? When you say it was on a painted part of the frame, I'm assuming the black painted frame, not something like the footrest support tube or A-arms which are painted in the accent body color, and are replaceable. Did you need to remove anything, like the splash guards, or was it visible without any parts removal, once you found it. Also, is it actually stamped, or rather etched. There is a small set of etched numbers on the bottom of the central frame box tube. If you can point me to where on the frame, like at the lower A-arm mounts or? I'd be grateful. My dealer thought he could help, but could not find it. I'm posting this to the thread as well as emailing. I'm a bit desperate. Thanks MikeC

Spyder daily driver - 2015 F3S magnesium - grocery getter
    BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid
    Front Tires - 175/55R-15 Yokohama AVID S34FA SL
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Front Tires - Stock Kendas
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Don't really know about how they do it in your Country &/or State Clover, but here in Oz, the VIN is a unique identifier for the specific frame & the vehicle it makes up.... So if the frame gets replaced due to an accident & write off, then the Original VIN is recorded & forever after listed as such, no longer able to be registered &/or used in ANY State for anything but parts or scrap; and you get a new frame with a new VIN, even if you keep the same engine & running gear.

In many states you will receive a salvage title, which of course will affect the value.7

And I have reason to believe that this is in accordance with an International Treaty/Agreement intended to severely curtail the selling of wrecks & the 're-birthing' of vehicles in other States/Countries, so I'd guess that it applies at some level over your way too!
    In many states it will receive a salvage title which of course will affect the value.