Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone use the Luggage inserts for the 2021 RT-S2S?

June 17, 2021

I now have just over 900 miles on my Sea to Sky. I love driving it. It is very comfortable. I took the luggage bags out of the frunk and sides. I never go anywhere that I would need these bags. They are cute and I will bet that is what brought up the price of the Sea to Sky by $1,000 over the standard RT. LOL. Does anyone use the bags for travel. For me, they just take up space, so I removed them and brought them in the house for safe keeping.

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

I also have the S2S and bags haven't used them yet as I have only been riding to and from work, but when the weather cools down and its time for an over night or more stay somewhere its nice to have the form fitted bags though they are way over priced, but it is what it is.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

the one that fits in the front trunk is ideal for air travel.

If you dont want or need them you can sell them on this site in the for sale by owner forum

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

We also have a Sea to Sky. For multiple day trips, the spouse gets the bag in the frunk, I get the liner bag for the rear trunk, the left saddlebag has a few tools and tire repair items, and the right saddlebag has rain gear and a half-cover for parking overnight.

Spyder Garage

The front bag is a nice idea, but I've found that the bag mechanism (wheels, handle, etc.) take up a lot of space. You can get 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount of clothes etc. by simply using a laundry bag as a stuff sack in the frunk.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and if I am I'm certain SOMEONE on this site will be sure to let me know.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I wanted the blue RT limited, didn't think the add ons were worth the $$, but my wife liked / wanted the green on so green it was. I have had generic saddle bag inserts and sissy bar bag for my 2 wheelers and they worked fine for over night or longer stays as well as like dbh999 mentioned. I have the small side bag for rain gear, some tools and odds and ends all the time just incase.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

I test road the Sea to Sky and liked it. I wasn't too crazy about the color and I knew I would never use the color-matched top case removal cover. I liked the seat. So I ended up with a 21 RT Limited in deep marsala red/black with a comfort seat. I purchased Hopnel luggage for it (at a very reasonable price) - and like that I can just pull a bag to get to my stuff rather than having to dig through a top case or side case.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black