Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar - Will Dealership do the install?

I have a 2021 RT Limited and am looking for a dealership to install a Baja Ron Sway Bar. I live in South Jersey. The dealership in Pennsylvania where I bought my RT told me they "never heard of the Baja Ron Sway Bar." This is not something I can tackle myself at this stage in my life due to bad knees and a recent hip replacement. Any suggestions as to how to proceed? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

You can try Smith Marine (www.smithmarineusa.com) in Doylestown, PA.
    Or...if you use Facebook, look up Robert Heil in the Berks Spyder Ryders group (Allentown, PA area)...he's helped a few folks do the install for no $$.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

If you were closer to Maine I would say, come on over and hold the light!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I think most dealers will install the sway bar and anything else you may want. When I lived in NJ, I mostly used Xtreme Machines on rte 33 in Millstone. They would do those installs. If you're further south, contact Atlantic City Cycle on Whitehorse Pike in Hammonton, I used them once or twice for service and liked them as well. There is also Ocean County Powersports in Toms River. I never used them but about 5 years ago, my buddy got an estimate for some work and they were more expensive than Xtreme. I no longer live in NJ and my information is based on several years ago so things may have changed at each dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
    I have a 2021 RT Limited and am looking for a dealership to install a Baja Ron Sway Bar. I live in South Jersey. The dealership in Pennsylvania where I bought my RT told me they "never heard of the Baja Ron Sway Bar." This is not something I can tackle myself at this stage in my life due to bad knees and a recent hip replacement. Any suggestions as to how to proceed? Thanks!
    Don't know where you are in relationship to Smith Marine. But as mentioned, they will do the install.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Short road trip up to netzely tire in NY. They do it. they did a laser alignment for me yesterday and I saw 2 spyders get them installed at the Ohio rally.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Netzely tire in NY ....good guys if you can connect with them at their place or a rally.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Yeah, my dealer said they install quite a few with happy results from customers. They charged me for 1 hr labor. I phoned Canamspyderaccessories.com to get some information as they install hundreds a year. Pierre told me it takes them about 35-40 minutes per install.

Spyder Garage

It's a sway bar. I'm sure they know what a sway bar is and how it's installed. I would think who makes it should be irrelevant. Is the dealership saying they won't install it because they don't know the manufacture is or because it is not Can Am branded or because it was not purchased through them?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARDI View Post
    Yeah, my dealer said they install quite a few with happy results from customers. They charged me for 1 hr labor. I phoned Canamspyderaccessories.com to get some information as they install hundreds a year. Pierre told me it takes them about 35-40 minutes per install.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    It's a sway bar. I'm sure they know what a sway bar is and how it's installed. I would think who makes it should be irrelevant. Is the dealership saying they won't install it because they don't know the manufacture is or because it is not Can Am branded or because it was not purchased through them?
    . Well orright, maybe it's not quite way old just yet! . But it's still old enough - DrSteve originally started this thread/asked this question back in June; got the answers/info he needed, and by checking out his more recent posts, I can see that he's since gone on elsewhere to tell us in August that his BajaRon Swaybar had been successfully installed & he was very pleased!

Just to explain a little more about the 'old post' thing - while it's great to have ALL the discussion on a given subject in one thread rather than having little bits of the info scattered throughout numerous threads all over the Forum (so please do search a little before starting a new thread on any subject that's very likely been raised, discussed, & maybe even resolved numerous times already! ) but it still always pays to check the start date on any thread you are reading/considering replying/posting in; then have a read thru it all to see who's answered what; and before replying to any of the earlier posts, just check out the date of the most recent few posts in the thread too. . Thread Archaeology can be a great help at times, but at others, the original question/reason for the thread has been over-taken by events since &/or the rest of the thread &/or OP's posts since will often explain that, making a later revival or even re-hash of what's already been discussed & resolved potentially a little bit confusing.... even if that resolution is not always posted/explained in the thread originally started asking the question, but we are working on that!

So please do check out the start date & the dates of the most recent posts in order to decide if you really want to answer/post something in an old thread! . Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!