Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ever miss catching a slow leak before the tire went flat? If you ride much and you haven't, your luck is running out. I have and it ain't a good spot to find yourself in. Now I check my tire's psi when I start my ride, during my ride, and when I finish my ride. Thanks, FOBO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    But, have to ask everyone. how many of you guys check your tire pressure every time you leave your door yard with your car? I am sorry guy's I'll get off my soap box on this one, Ride more, worry less!!!
    Just to answer this question, Mikey…….I check my car tyres every time I go out, same as my Spyder tyres. Why? Because they both have TPMS which only requires a 2 second glance (actually, it doesn’t even require a glance as the TPMS would inform me when I reached the car/Spyder)……I would much rather know a tyre is in trouble before I leave home, than when I’m on the road. The TPMS also lets me know in advance when a tyre is deflating while actually on the road, as 2dogs writes above.
    A TPMS is a very valued tool in this household.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    1+ on the Jaco, here's a link, money well spent, should have purchased one years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Al in Kazoo
    I used my new Jaco on the rear tire for the first time today. I got the valve at roughly 5 o'clock, EASILY snapped the hose on through the rear sprocket, and got the pressure I wanted in seconds. Why I didn't buy one of these years ago is beyond me. I have JT's dual hose setup for the fronts, luckily I bought one years ago. Having the pressure gauge, inflator and deflator in one unit makes this chore (well, it used to be a chore) stupid easy.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Fully agree with all of you:

1. Finding it is a PITA
    2. Keeping the chuck on is more of a PITA

For all the years I've owned bikes, I paint the position of each nipple on the tire and the rim with White Out [the dollar store]. A spot or a little stripe. I drive the bike until the white mark is in plain view and at the best position. Back and forth, and off and on, as necessary. Works the charm.
    I use a tire nipple extender [about 6 inches] used by those who drive their trucks on duallys [WallyWorld]. To this I use a chuck with a latch/trigger AutoZone], hooked up to my compressor.

I also bought a pneumatic stool/creeper for $39.99 at Harbor Freight.

At 78, I just plain HURTS LIKE HELL doing it. [Rant over.]
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try 90, hurts worse than that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RULINGCHAOS View Post
    I took mine to work the other day and was checking the air in the tires and filled the fronts .. went to the rear and could not even find the valve stem. Shrugged and drove it anyway. Will probably have to locate it sooner or later.
    I dabbed a little bit of yellow paint in the wheel (rim) right next to the valve stem. So I just roll my RT till the yellow dot is in the right position. A lot easier for my tired old eyes to spot the yellow dot then the black valve stem.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    all i can ''now'' say on this subject is my knees and back thank me for FOBO.

now life is easy,,,, real easy, just open the app
    This is if you can get FOBO and air pressure gauge to agree on the same psi.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Try 90, hurts worse than that.

Totally awesome. 90 and still going at it.

I will make a point of recalling that next time I cant get into a comfortable position when wrenching and stuff.
    Ha I considered removing the Frunk lid yesterday when I replaced that battery..Heavy little puppies at arms length these-days.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Ha! If you think that's tuff just try and get two people here to agree on the same PSI.

Spyder Garage

Guess I'm lucky. Just added air to my two front tires last week and FOBO and my gauge were within two tenths of a pound with each other...I can live with that. I have the type of gauge that I can overfill and bleed down to my desired pressure. Some or all of the .2 difference may be from air loss when disconnecting the chuck and reinstalling the FOBO.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Guess I'm lucky. Just added air to my two front tires last week and FOBO and my gauge were within two tenths of a pound with each other...I can live with that. I have the type of gauge that I can overfill and bleed down to my desired pressure. Some or all of the .2 difference may be from air loss when disconnecting the chuck and reinstalling the FOBO.

Yep, I preset my pump to 18psi, then pop on the FOBO cap (I have learnt how to do it only losing a minute amount of air), and FOBO shows within .2, same as you, Adventurer. That’s certainly close enough for me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Funny you should mention that as I have to check my PSI between 3-4am, Once the sun comes up and starts to warm the car port tire PSI can be off by 2.5 pounds between L-R tires. The rear stays pretty consistent and as I drive in the Florida heat the tires are up to normal PSI within 5 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm making a three line octopus to fill/adjust all three tires' PSI simultaneously. I don't have to get down on my hands and knees. A plastic bucket to sit on is as close to the ground as I get. A dual tire air extension is what I use on the rear tire. It has the perfect angle to it for that dam rear valve stem. I run 17/18 PSI all the way around. If I lose a 1/2 or 1 PSI when I disconnect and then connect the FOBO I don't care, because the spyder doesn't care. Ambient temps change the PSI more than that anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    Funny you should mention that as I have to check my PSI between 3-4am, Once the sun comes up and starts to warm the car port tire PSI can be off by 2.5 pounds between L-R tires. The rear stays pretty consistent and as I drive in the Florida heat the tires are up to normal PSI within 5 miles.
    Even with the dodgy OEM Kendas, unless you're already up & about that early & really want to roll around on the ground checking your tire pressures then, you really don't need to worry that much!

If it's only that 2-2.5 psi sort of difference & it's clearly the sun warmed side that's the higher pressure, you don't really need to worry about it too much cos you'll ride it out in about 5 mins or so, & if they were even in pressure when you parked it last night, then there's a pretty good chance they'll be even again, once they get up to temp.... and if they aren't, then there's a very good chance you'll notice that one tire has probably struck a leak as you ride off slowly/carefully!!

Besides, you probably should be being riding juuust a little carefully for about 5 mins or so after starting off from cold anyway, just to make sure that your tires are at least getting up a bit in temp from their o/night 'cold' pressure and are warming to be a little closer to their optimum operating temp.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2023 at 12:30 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I'm making a three line octopus to fill/adjust all three tires' PSI simultaneously. I don't have to get down on my hands and knees. A plastic bucket to sit on is as close to the ground as I get. A dual tire air extension is what I use on the rear tire. It has the perfect angle to it for that dam rear valve stem. I run 17/18 PSI all the way around. If I lose a 1/2 or 1 PSI when I disconnect and then connect the FOBO I don't care, because the spyder doesn't care. Ambient temps change the PSI more than that anyway.
    You might want to look at something like this, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...lers/348745610 and replace the inlet nipple with a valve stem, then gets the hose's that you need and have at it.
    Be forewarned that once you hook up the hose's to all of the tires, you will need to let the pressure equalize before making adjustments.

I didn't use this manifold but a straight one. I also added a tee to the inlet side and a air gauge along with the valve stem. Mine turned into a 4 hose octopus to use with all of my vehicles.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; 04-07-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    You might want to look at something like this, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...lers/348745610 and replace the inlet nipple with a valve stem, then gets the hose's that you need and have at it.
    Be forewarned that once you hook up the hose's to all of the tires, you will need to let the pressure equalize before making adjustments.

I didn't use this manifold but a straight one. I also added a tee to the inlet side and a air gauge along with the valve stem. Mine turned into a 4 hose octopus to use with all of my vehicles.
    Hey, great post. Thanks for the info. With minimal research it's just about a push with the cost of all the other fittings needed to complete the build. A two way octopus is fairly simple but going to a three or four way gets a bit more costly and complicated. I'm using all small brass fittings but I'm definitely saving your link in case my plan goes south on me.

Spyder Garage

WELL STAND BY ...

AS......

HERE IS THE ANSWER.......

FIT ONE OF THESE.

TMPS TzjiL._AC_.jpg

Thinking remove the mount and double side Velcro the screen somewhere out of the weather.
    Last edited by Isopedella; 04-07-2023 at 07:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, that’s certainly MY answer, ISO. I had to put some air in my rear tyre today (for the first time in 2.5 months) as FOBO showed the tyre has moved from 18psi down to 17psi. (My low pressure alarm is set to 16psi). That’s the first time I have had to physically access the tyre valve in that time……now if only I could somehow attach a miniature pump to each FOBO reader to get them to automatically add air when the pressure drops.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Even with the dodgy OEM Kendas, unless you're already up & about that early & really want to roll around on the ground checking your tire pressures then, you really don't need to worry that much!

If it's only that 2-2.5 psi sort of difference & it's clearly the sun warmed side that's the higher pressure, you don't really need to worry about it too much cos you'll ride it out in about 5 mins or so, & if they were even in pressure when you parked it last night, then there's a pretty good chance they'll be even again, once they get up to temp.... and if they aren't, then there's a very good chance you'll notice that one tire has probably struck a leak as you ride off slowly/carefully!!

Besides, you probably should be being riding juuust a little carefully for about 5 mins or so after starting off from cold anyway, just to make sure that your tires are at least getting up a bit in temp from their o/night 'cold' pressure and are warming to be a little closer to their optimum operating temp.
    As for me being awake and up and about, I don't sleep much 2.5-3 hours max.

As a child 2- 10 years old mom would catch me looking out the window at all hours of the night/morning. I get tired of sleeping so I just get up and get my day started.

But yeah I don't worry about 2-2.5 pounds as the the tires quickly heat up and i have normal pressures in a few miles.