Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    Funny you should mention that as I have to check my PSI between 3-4am, Once the sun comes up and starts to warm the car port tire PSI can be off by 2.5 pounds between L-R tires. The rear stays pretty consistent and as I drive in the Florida heat the tires are up to normal PSI within 5 miles.
    Even with the dodgy OEM Kendas, unless you're already up & about that early & really want to roll around on the ground checking your tire pressures then, you really don't need to worry that much!

If it's only that 2-2.5 psi sort of difference & it's clearly the sun warmed side that's the higher pressure, you don't really need to worry about it too much cos you'll ride it out in about 5 mins or so, & if they were even in pressure when you parked it last night, then there's a pretty good chance they'll be even again, once they get up to temp.... and if they aren't, then there's a very good chance you'll notice that one tire has probably struck a leak as you ride off slowly/carefully!!

Besides, you probably should be being riding juuust a little carefully for about 5 mins or so after starting off from cold anyway, just to make sure that your tires are at least getting up a bit in temp from their o/night 'cold' pressure and are warming to be a little closer to their optimum operating temp.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2023 at 12:30 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!