Spyder Garage

Default Clobbered my fender :(

Hi folks,

Usually when I carry a passenger I'm sure to set the rear shock adjustment on my Ryker Rally to "4" per the explanation in the manual, but forgot and left it set to "3" this weekend. Anyway, drove up a curb to my GF's driveway & smacked the max mount (or more likely the Slingmods rear rack that bolts under it) into the rear fender, breaking off two chunks (see pic) I'm hoping the dealer can replace just the broken part and not the whole fender/taillight/license bracket assembly. I'm not clear on what the red dial actually does, but the higher the number, the stiffer the back seems to be to push down. Is there any other adjustment I need to/can make to the rear shock to help in the future? 2-up myself and the passenger combine to pretty much top out the weight capacity in the manual.

Otherwise I love the bike. Just won a contest on Facebook put on by Can Am On Road to get $500 in free BRP parts & apparel, so I have some shopping to do...

Chris
    2021 Ryker Rally
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

if you install something "under" the max-mount you should always use a "spring-travel-limiter" or better a "shock-riser" on the back (like this) if you ride 2up - I know this problem ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Chris now you have to tell him where to get one!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yes Chris....me too..

Spyder Garage

Did you ONLY turn the red knob to #4? Or did you also (MUST) compress the spring, per manual, for 2 up riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    Did you ONLY turn the red knob to #4? Or did you also (MUST) compress the spring, per manual, for 2 up riding.
    That's the part I am unclear about. I thought the shock was supposed to have some adjustment other than the red knob (remember I have the Rally).
    I will ask the dealer about that today when I'm there seeing about the fender.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    Video's good but the poor guy don't know there's a adjustment nut and a jam nut on that shock!! If you take two wrenches and release that jam nut the adjuster will spin a lot easyer!
    2012 RTL , Pearl