Spyder Garage

Default Looking for someone to Turn off DESS - South NH or VT?

I am looking for someone near Southern New Hampshire or Vermont that can turn off the DESS on a 2015 RTSE6. Thank You

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ris View Post
    I am looking for someone near Southern New Hampshire or Vermont that can turn off the DESS on a 2015 RTSE6. Thank You
    The closest person I know of who COULD turn it off is " Joel The Biker " .... He lives near Binghamton NY .... He did mine a couple of years ago .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you Mike.
    That is a 4 hour ride. I was looking for someone a little closer.

Spyder Garage

Worth the ride if you can get rid of a PITA in my book! And you to take a good ride to boot, win win, make a weekend out of it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ris View Post
    Thank you Mike.
    That is a 4 hour ride. I was looking for someone a little closer.
    Well yes that would be a trip ..... however there probably arn't more 25 people in the entire country who can do it ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....however there probably arn't more 25 people in the entire country who can do it ..... good luck .... Mike
    ??? How does a person know when it has been disabled? I'm just assuming it doesn't acknowledge ( bypasses ) the Key Code and affects nothing else. Is this correct, or does it register something on the screen stating that is disabled? I'm curious as to what it does / doesn't do after being disabled.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    ??? How does a person know when it has been disabled? I'm just assuming it doesn't acknowledge ( bypasses ) the Key Code and affects nothing else. Is this correct, or does it register something on the screen stating that is disabled? I'm curious as to what it does / doesn't do after being disabled.
    Quite simply, it just DOES NOT stop the Spyder from starting without DESS detecting the appropriately recognised key any more.

That is, for all intents and purposes, the only way that anyone (short of using BUDS with a MegaTech licence ) will ever really know that the DESS has been disabled - altho I guess if they stole your Spyder they might eventually work it out, but they'll still either need an appropriately cut key; or they'll hafta bypass the ignition (& steering lock if engaged) to find out that this particular Spyder doesn't have a key enabled security system.

Nothing else will show, nothing else will be effected, nothing else will happen - you just WON'T EVER GET another DESS or Bad Key error that will stop you from starting your Spyder again!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Quite simply, it just DOES NOT stop the Spyder from starting without DESS detecting the appropriately recognised key any more.

That is, for all intents and purposes, the only way that anyone (short of using BUDS with a MegaTech licence ) will ever really know that the DESS has been disabled - altho I guess if they stole your Spyder they might eventually work it out, but they'll still either need an appropriately cut key; or they'll hafta bypass the ignition (& steering lock if engaged) to find out that this particular Spyder doesn't have a key enabled security system.

Nothing else will show, nothing else will be effected, nothing else will happen - you just WON'T EVER GET another DESS or Bad Key error that will stop you from starting your Spyder again!
    Peter, Thank you for the detailed explanation, much appreciated. Makes perfect sense why so many people are "for" having their D.E.S.S. disabled.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Deleted

Spyder Garage

Make the trip. Make a day of it and find an enjoyable route. A four hour ride beats a four hour wait for a tow truck any day in my book. One of the members here was on vacation and had the BUDS that could disable DESS. He was going to be in Cleveland, Ohio overnight and I made the four hour trip from southern Ohio just to have my DESS disabled. I would do it again tomorrow if I had to.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm just outside of Albany New York

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    I'm just outside of Albany New York
    Can you do the job?
    2012 RTL , Pearl