Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dynie1 View Post
    Help, I can't get the controller to blue tooth. Doesn't respond when I press the brake

I have the Techonsha 90250. When I go through the steps to Bluetooth, the handheld doesn't respond when I press the brake pedal. Advice would be great. I have repeatedly followed the steps in the manual, and some more using a YouTube vid.
    I'm sure the folks who sold you that set-up have been faced with everything that can go wrong ..... contact them for advice .... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dynie1 View Post
    Help, I can't get the controller to blue tooth. Doesn't respond when I press the brake

I have the Techonsha 90250. When I go through the steps to Bluetooth, the handheld doesn't respond when I press the brake pedal. Advice would be great. I have repeatedly followed the steps in the manual, and some more using a YouTube vid.

Looking at the manufacturer's website https://www.tekonsha.com/Product/902...l-proportional I see nothing about bluetooth on that unit. Mine are not bluetooth but work with the handheld unit provided.
    I do see that Amazon says it is bluetooth and wonder if that is a misprint?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Mone - Mine
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I also just checked here https://www.tekonsha.com/product-ass...ll/N902502.pdf and there is no mention of Bluetooth anywhere.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Codykoo (original poster), I have a question about your brakes. I know that you have factory-installed brakes, but the information that Fatcycledaddy posted in post #19 is rather important.

Take a look at the trailing arm on your axle. It should be within a few degrees of horizontal when going down the road. As mentioned by the axle people, if it is at too much of an angle (usually pointing down), the weight of the magnet can activate the brakes when hitting a bump. With a car or truck, it's bad enough, but with a motorcycle (2 or 3 wheels), it can produce some rather "interesting" results.

Like BLUEKNIGHT911, I am a big fan of brakes on trailers, but I have seen so many systems that were cobbled together, it makes me cringe. Done properly, electric brakes are a wonderful thing.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G