Spyder Garage

Question Will the GPS from my 2016 F3 work on the new 2021 F3?

Will my GPS from my 2016 F3 work on the new 2021 F3 ? A friend of mine put his GPS on his 2019 F3. It works, but the audio does not come on the radio like it did on his 2016 F3.

Spyder Garage

If you gps has the "audio line output" connector It should go by connecting the line input wire from BRP on it and selecting the "aux"
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Still does not work.

Spyder Garage

Your GPS will work but you wont be able to hear it through your speakers. The wiring harness is completely different on the '21 vs the '16. You will only use the power end, not any of the audio connectors. What model GPS do you have? There was no GPS on the '16 F3, it was added after.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Gps

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Your GPS will work but you wont be able to hear it through your speakers. The wiring harness is completely different on the '21 vs the '16. You will only use the power end, not any of the audio connectors. What model GPS do you have? There was no GPS on the '16 F3, it was added after.
    Yes, your right, the GPS works and there is no sound through the speakers. So I guess a person cannot buy a GPs that will be heard through the speakers anymore, what a pity. It sure would be handy instead using apps that I don’t have.