Spyder Garage

Default New Brake Pads Installed, now Limp Home, VSS, Orange Gear Light with"!" in the center

Hi everyone, I change the brake pads on all 3 wheels. Now I have warning lights and codes, and the bike will not shift into gear. It is a 2017 RTS. 26,000 miles.
    These lights ate lit up, check engine, VSS, Limp Home Mode, and has 3 codes. U0073, U0100, C006C. I have already tried disconnecting the battery and waited about 30 minutes, and re-attached the cables. Same errors and warning light still on! All that I did was put new brake pads on. If there's a fix for this I would appreciate help regarding my issues. Otherwise I'll have to have it trailered to the dealer. I'M FRUSTRATED! thanks ahead of time for any help that you can offer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

U0100-Lost communication with ECM (lost of CAN ID’s)

Recheck battery connections.

Did you disconnect anything?

Spyder Garage

Just taking a wild guess....check the gaps on the ABS sensors, you might have changed one or more. Then there's the brake fluid levels.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Just taking a wild guess....check the gaps on the ABS sensors, you might have changed one or more. Then there's the brake fluid levels.
    2 very good recommendations. Very interesting results from a brake pad service.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

C006C= VCM error or failure

Have fuses been checked?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gafntj76 View Post
    Hi everyone, I change the brake pads on all 3 wheels. Now I have warning lights and codes, and the bike will not shift into gear. It is a 2017 RTS. 26,000 miles.
    These lights ate lit up, check engine, VSS, Limp Home Mode, and has 3 codes. U0073, U0100, C006C. I have already tried disconnecting the battery and waited about 30 minutes, and re-attached the cables. Same errors and warning light still on! All that I did was put new brake pads on. If there's a fix for this I would appreciate help regarding my issues. Otherwise I'll have to have it trailered to the dealer. I'M FRUSTRATED! thanks ahead of time for any help that you can offer.
    Did you have the parking brake on ????? or touch the brakes before the job was finished ???? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

You might want to check your brake fluid reservoirs. If you've added fluid in the past to compensate for pad wear, your reservoirs may have overflowed when you pushed the pistons back to install the new pads. Not sure if that would cause an error, but it would create a mess if they overflowed.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)