Spyder Garage

Default Suggestions on the Loudest Horn Possible?

I put a Wolo Bad Max on last year and loved the loudness and sound, and a couple of weeks ago it took a crap. Any other suggestions on a really loud, but great sound (like dual pitch), and doesn't sound like a loud golf cart horn. Also no altering wiring, or extra relays etc, just straight out of the box and install?
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I put a Wolo Bad Max on last year and loved the loudness and sound, and a couple of weeks ago it took a crap. Any other suggestions on a really loud, but great sound (like dual pitch), and doesn't sound like a loud golf cart horn. Also no altering wiring, or extra relays etc, just straight out of the box and install?
    Why not replace it with same product? Some (like mine) last forever.

Maybe just a loose wire?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have the same horn and so far it's the only option I've considered. No issues with mine for the past couple years.

On a side note, I've never used my horn as much as this May and June with a few close calls. Perhaps a year of pandemic and not driving many places, drivers just aren't looking out for motorcycles and smaller vehicles. I'm pretty sure that horn has saved my life a couple times.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I have seen ads on FB for a 150db snail type horn. That should get attention.
    I went a different route. I installed a pair of loud car horns on the "firewall" above the battery. They grab attention too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    I have the same horn and so far it's the only option I've considered. No issues with mine for the past couple years.

On a side note, I've never used my horn as much as this May and June with a few close calls. Perhaps a year of pandemic and not driving many places, drivers just aren't looking out for motorcycles and smaller vehicles. I'm pretty sure that horn has saved my life a couple times.
    drivers now have not idea where they are and what their doing and only want to get there asap, so get out of my way attitude.

I put duel trumpets in a couple of weeks ago because I was fed up with the mep mep horn. I scared the hell out of a guy yesterday as he started to change lanes without looking.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Will this be loud enough for you?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...26993152%22%7D
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to a wrecking yard and get the duel horns off a Cadillac

Spyder Garage

I prefer a Marco Tornado found on Amazon - same footprint and wiring as the Wolo Bad Boy but louder.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Don't believe all the specs you see in an advertisement without using critical thought. 300dB - not possible. Why? Because a Saturn V rockets measured 220 db, while the space shuttle comes up at 215, on launch. Is that horn louder than a rocket? Highly doubtful.

We have dual Bad Boy horns mounted on the frames of our F3 models. My buddy, Kevin, suggested using the standard frequency (500 - 600 Hz) along with the 300 Hz model to get the train horn effect. Both are wired into a 40 amp relay, directly to the battery. Is it the loudest? I don't have data to support that statement. Does it get attention? Dang certain it does!
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    We have dual Bad Boy horns mounted on the frames of our F3 models. My buddy, Kevin, suggested using the standard frequency (500 - 600 Hz) along with the 300 Hz model to get the train horn effect. Both are wired into a 40 amp relay, directly to the battery.
    Any pics of the installation? thx
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

That's what I did. Lol
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    We have dual Bad Boy horns mounted on the frames of our F3 models. My buddy, Kevin, suggested using the standard frequency (500 - 600 Hz) along with the 300 Hz model to get the train horn effect. Both are wired into a 40 amp relay, directly to the battery. Is it the loudest? I don't have data to support that statement. Does it get attention? Dang certain it does!
    https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-419-Bad-.../dp/B000F5DQWY

https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-619-Big-.../dp/B008J151H4

Are these the two horns you're referring to Wayne? They don't provide frequencies of each, but the 619 has the deeper sound and may be the 300hz one you mention.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I had a Denali Soundbomb on my GS. I kept the stock horn and got a very loud and attention getting sound. It was wired so my driving lights (5000 lumens each) strobed when the horn went off. Good sound and good lighting is very important!
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-419-Bad-.../dp/B000F5DQWY

https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-619-Big-.../dp/B008J151H4

Are these the two horns you're referring to Wayne? They don't provide frequencies of each, but the 619 has the deeper sound and may be the 300hz one you mention.
    Yes. Go to https://wolo-mfg.com/horns/motorcycle-horns.html. The 419 is 530/680 hz and the 619 is the low tone at 320 hz.

Plus I left the OEM horn in its original circuit.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap